reminiscence [ i ]

"reminiscence" chapters are extras that goes further to the past and explains the happenings there. It'll answer most of our questions.

.   .   .   .   .   .

"What was her name again? Jeon Heejin?"

Lia was trembling unanimously. They were taking the dead body away in a stroller. A white cloth above her so no one could take a peek. She was praying it wasn't what she expected but it was.

Minutes after they had taken the dead body away, there was a commotion in the corridors. Shin Ryujin was fighting with someone from class.

"Who could it be but you!" screams the other girl. "You always threaten Heejin when you see her. You waited for her after school in the dark alley!"

Whilst the girl was throwing accusations, Ryujin was ready to beat the crap out of her. Everyone was whispering but it looks like they were buying the girl's accusations.

"You crazy wench! You don't even know half of everything. In fact, you don't know anything."

"What?"

"Fine. Throw your nonsense at me. But... after I find who the fuck did this, you'll be on your knees." Ryujin spat at the girl before storming away.

Most of the gossips were about believing what the girl said or Ryujin but all Lia could think about was the cold lifeless look on the girl's face when she fell right before her.

Lia hadn't known the girl but it haunted her from then on. She would come across Heejin from time to time and they had little conversation. Heejin was part of the dance class and a good one too.

It scares her when she close her eyes and all she could see was Heejin's sad look falling before her before she became lifeless. It was a picture that would haunt Lia ftom time to time.

Maybe it was the side effects of the horror, maybe, that she started hallucinating Heejin in broad daylight. Lia could see the girl walking around the corridors with her earplugs and humming to a song.

Sometimes it would be at the roof where she had jumped. Lia would visit it sometimes and she would see the girl sitting there just minding her business. They were all only Lia could see.

The hallucinations became worse in just a week. Lia was starting to hear things. Heejin would glare at her asking why she was just standing there. She would sometimes whisper to her to do something. But Lia could not. She was too scared of the risk.

Ace Academy held too many secrets and bad history Lia was afraid to get between the mess. But the guilt was slowly but surely killing her.

Therefore, in that one unfaihtful day, Lia stood at the rim of the roof. Heejin's angry spirit whispering behind her, "jump."

"I can't," she cried.

"You did nothing. You watch me die. Jump."

"I'm sorry," she wept.

"Lia, come down from there!!"

The entire student body and teachers were there to stop her. But she was deaf to them. Only one word playing in her mind, "jump."

Fortunately, she was stopped and saved. Immediately taken to a psychiatrist and received antidepressants. Strangely, the voices and spirit of the girl who once haunted her almost to her death was now gone. The biggest mystery of Lia's life, "how?"

And the biggest question of all, "why?"

.   .   .   .   .   .