chapter - 13: why are you sad

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Ever since that day, more like yesterday, the light on Lia seem to have drastically change. She wasn't the strict but adorable class president anymore, but a sad little girl. Why, you ask? After un-accidentally hearing Yeonjun confess to Soobin's secret relationship with Heejin, she couldn't bring herself to see him anymore.
"Lia, we have to submit our club reports tomorrow. I have the pictures printed out already so you can submit them. Can you do that?"

She was quiet.

"Lia?"

No answer. Soobin place the files on the table and spin her shoulders around. Lia knock herself to her senses. "Uh? What did you say?"

"You weren't listening. The photos- "

"You want me to submit them? Sure."

She brush past him and pick up the photos from the desk. Before she could walk away ,like she always does, Soobin grasp her arm.

She turn around, "what do you want?"

"Don't go."

She scoffs. Lia never scoffs. "What's wrong with you? You wanted me to submit the photos, right?"

"I'm supposed to be asking you ....what's wrong with you?"

Lia turn long at hus question and rigidly shakes off his hand. "Nothing. I'm leave."

He caught her again. This time she resisted so he grip her shoulders and made her look at him. "I'm talking to you, Lia."

"Doesn't mean I have to answer!" she hissed, still resisting.

"Did I do something wrong? If it's about Heejin or what people are saying- " he stops when he saw liquids clog her eyes and it travel down her cheeks. "Lia ...."

"Do you care, Soobin?" her voice was shaking prior to her condition.

His eyes turn soft. He loosen his grip on her and gently caress her face, wiping the tears with his thumb. "Of course, I do."

"Why are you so nice to me? Is it because you wanted to get me? Because I saw Heejin?" she was practically sobbing.

"No."

"Don't lie."

"I like you ....At first I didn't want to because Heejin but I couldn't help myself."

Lia's beautiful orbs reflecting in his eyes, "but I- "

"I don't care, Lia. The guilt is killing me but," he leans closer, his thumb wiping every last drop of her tears gently and carefully so full of love. "I love you."

"W-what?"

"I love you, Lia. I'm not rushing you or anything."

She shakes off his hands and steps backwards trying to process things. "Excuse me," and like that she dashed out of the room.

A heavy sigh escaped his lips after she ran away. "I think I messed up."

Lia ran and stopped when she came across Chaeryeong in the middle of the corridors. Her chest heaving up and down from running and tears on her eyes. Chaeryeong rush to her aide once she sees her.

"Lia-unnie, are you okay? What's wrong?"

Lia burst out crying in front of her, attracting attention from the other students. "Chaeryeong-ah, what do I do?"

"Unnie, calm down. What's wrong?"

"Why is she after me? Why only me? She's driving me crazy!! Chaeryeong-ah ...," she continues sobbing.