chapter - 12: the first love

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"I swear. This better be good."

Lia rolls her eyes at the grumpy Ryujin endlessly complaining behind her. They had to take a cab to the richest part of town in Seoul, and the cab costed Ryujin a lot.

"Chaeryeong's sister Lee Chaeryeon is an alumni. She was in the same class as Chan-oppa but mysteriously dropped out after the death of her best friend, Miyeon."

[ I'm basically killing lots of poor souls in this book ㅠㅠ sorry ]

"Chaeyeon was also investing her best friend's death but just stopped one day. Even her classmates said she drastically changed in one night."

Yeji obviously did a lot of research and investigation on her part. Even Ryujin was amazed. But right, if you're Hwang Yeji you can get anyone to start talking. She's that influential.

"I'm pressing the door bell," breathes Lia.

After a series of ringing, the youngest sister opens the door. She looks confused at first.

"How can I help you?"

"We're from Ace. Your sister Chaeryeong's classmates. We're wondering if we can talk to you oldest sister, Chaeyeon."

The girl battled her eyelids nervously before Chaeryeong barge at the door. "Chaemin-ah, go inside."

"Uh- yes, unnie."

After the younger girl had disappeared, Chaeryeong faces the girls. "Why do you want to speak to my sister?"

The other girls looked at Ryujin to answer her, considering she's closest to Chaeryeong. "It's about her deceased best friend."

"No. My sister doesn't like talking about it."

"Wait, Chaeryeong-ah. We just wanted some answers."

"We think it might help us in solving Heejin's death," Lia batted in.

Chaeryeong studied them suspiciously for a while but obviously let them in. "You're lucky my parents aren't here. What does my sister have to with Heejin?"

"We dunno," Yeji looks around. "It's too complicated to even begin."

"She's upstairs. Lately, unnie's acting back to her old self but I'm worried she's just forcing herself to. Should I come with you guys? Just in case she throws a fit."

"I think that'll be great."

Together they proceed to walk upstairs where it supposedly leads to Chaeyeon's room. Chaeryeong paused before opening the door, meaning to tell them something beforehand.

"For your information, I know what you guys are up to."

They exchange glances. "You do?"

"Yes. I just dunno why but I don't really think it's bad. And of course I'd like to help in whatever ways I can which is why I'm letting you guys meet my sister. She's sensitive so ....be careful."

Lia pats her shoulder with a warm smile. "Thank you, Chaeryeong-ah."

Chaeyeon's room wasn't surprisingly eery but rather neat and smells good. The said girl stood up from her seat and looks surprised seeing the girls.

"Chaeryeong-ah, who ....?"

"They're my friends. Unnie, they wanted to meet you ....and ask you some questions."

"Questions?" Chaeryeong raise her head cluelessly.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~