chapter - 9: only you can help pt. 2

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Ryujin stomps her feet as Lia drag behind her.

"No, Ryujin! You have to help me!"

"You're crazy. What do you expect me to do? I'm not an exorcist!"

"I know. But you were the closest to Heejin! You have to help me!"

Ryujin stops, she turn around and rest her arms on he chest. "Give me one reason why I should trust you. No, one reason why I should believe what you are saying."

"Heejin only speaks to me. And we both know ....she needs justice."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"Where were you?"

Taehyun stops in his feet as he hears the upset tone of his mother's stoic demeanour. "Out with a friend," he answers with zero the enthusiasm.

"What friend? I thought you had no friend."

"I do. Soobin-hyung, Beomgyu, Kai and perhaps ....even a girl."

His mother raise her head, "a girl?"

It was clearly obvious he wants to get on her bad side. Taehyun was just as hard headed as her. Afterall, an apple does not fall far from the tree.

His mother scoffed, "don't kid me. Get changed and have dinner."

"I already ate," he brush past the living room and lock the door to his room.

His mother sighed as she went straight to her room too. Taehyun plop down on the couch inside his room and draws out his phone. 7 notifications, 18 messages, and 15 missed calls. He scoffs. All of them were from his private tutor whom he bunk without a word.

- "you're late."

- "where are you?"

- "Kang Taehyun, answer your phone."

- "I'm telling your mom you're bunking tuition."

- "ya, Kang Taehyun."

And so on. He swipe pass the messages and close his phone. He was tired but it was different. On othet days he would be tired because of the academies and private tuitions but today he bunked them and decided to join the fun of hanging about after school. A certain brunette cross his mind at the recall of today.

The corner of his lips curved upright, "interesting."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"Where are you two going?"

How oblivious. Lia and Ryujin had to bump into Hwang Yeji in the middle of the night. Lia looked at Ryujin awaiting her to answer the girl.

"Thank you for coming out."

Yeji scoffs, "you're strange. Why did you asked me out in the middle of the night?"

"It's only seven o'clock. There's someplace I want to go with you two," answers Ryujin.

"Really? Will it take long? My parents hate me going out at night."