chapter - 3: tell me about yourself pt. 1

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Lunch breaks had two different meaning for students. Obviously some took it as the time to fill their precious stomachs but not everyone does that. Lunch break for Lia, was a chance to break away from president duties.

She stood at the rim of the roof and closed her eyes. It was a windy day. It always is in Ace which is weird considering it being the middle of the year. The sun was bright but its always windy and dry here in Ace. Lia took a breather before reopening her eyes.

"How many more?"

The door suddenly shifted open and out stepped a clueless Yeonjun. Lia turn around the next second. Yeonjun looked at her for what seems to be a good minute before rushing towards her in a state of panic and frenzy.

"Ah! Excuse me, don't move!" he literally shouted.

Lia raised a brow. He seems to have got the wrong impression.

"You... I'm sorry about what happened but can you step down from there? Slowly."

"Does he really think I'm gonna do it?"

Lia stood in her place. She raised a foot and he panics even further.

"Stop. It doesn't have to be this way!"

Her lips twitch, this was somewhat funny. It took a second for her to step down from the edge. Yeonjun sighed as if a big burden had been lift off his shoulder.

"Did you really think I was gonna jump?"

"Weren't you - " he realised. He realised how he had a made fool out of himself.

Lia cracks a light laugh. "That was actually cute. Thanks for the concern, Yeonjun-ssi."

She pats him and walk straight pass him. Yeonjun stood there with an amused smile. He just made a fool of himself before a total stranger. Scratch that.

"Choi Julia, isn't it?"

Lia turns around. "Yes. I'm your class president," she reminded him and shook her head. You're completely useless if you couldn't even recognise your class president at a glance.

"Sorry. For misunderstanding and not recognizing my own class president."

"That's fine, considering your state." Lia slowly disappeared below the stairs.

Yeonjun thought for a moment. "the state I'm in?"

"I don't even look a little bit out of shape," he mumbles. "she's strange."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Life can be unfair especially if you happened to be one Kang Taehyun. Strict parents obsessed with academics aside, the distance between you and everyone all because you're from a conglomerate family. That is something else.

Taehyun hadn't a friend, no one is Ace does but at least everyone's hanging out with someone. It'd be sad to say, Kang Taehyun is a loner but its true.

He stared at the sheet of paper before him. It said "Academics Performance Report" and it shows bars of his performance in every subject decreasing by the end of the paper. He clench his fist. His mother looks utmost displeased and nothing could be worse than that.