chapter 12

The next month.....

I woke up on my bed to find a note on my bedside table:

Life has become more beautiful from the day you became mine....I love you Belly♡ Happy Valentines day."

It was from Conrad. Written in his neat and elegant cursive. My heart started doing sumersaults. After all this time I still cold not cease the feeling of falling in love with him deeper everyday. It was just one of those things.

I quickly got up, picking up my towels and made my way towards the bathroom. On the edge of the bathtub there was another note:

"We never had to force love,
We were drowning in it
the moment I saw you"~Con.

As I read the note a small smile slipped on my face and my heart melted in a way that only Conrad could make it do. He never believed in presents as a gift but in the meaning behind it. Not roses and chocolates but stars and moons. I placed the note away gently and took a fast shower. I rolled myself in a towel and my hair in another and made my way towards the mirror cabinets and there was another note in Conrad's delightful handwriting:

"I love you so much more than just to the moon and back."

A wave of affection hit me. It was in these moments when my love for Conrad would grow immensely when I thought it was already at its peak. How we think we love someone the utmost and then your thoughts defy you by some actions of love making it swell and burn like it never did before.

I dried my hair quickly humming some romantic song I heard on tv the day before , smiling maniacally to myself.
I did a light makeup and headed over to my closet in which was another note:

"You're the pan to my cake :)
You know where to find me ;)"

I knew Conrad just too well to know that he was in the kitchen and pancakes were at the ready.

It was Valentine's day so I'd naturally wear a cute dress but not today. The date I planned did not include a formal attire. I grabbed my most favorite top which had coloured stripes on white surface and was slightly cropped. I pulled on some denim shorts which had two cute cuts on each leg and tied a red jacket on my waist(just in case it got chilly). I climbed in my black ankle boots and headed downstairs. Ooh and I almost forgot, I hung two thin-medium sized gold circular earnings and a plain black choker around my neck.

I headed down stairs in my best moods to find the smell of pancakes overwhelming me. Conrad made the world's best pancakes.

I entered the kitchen to find Conrad wearing an apron and cooking a pancake with his back turned towards
me and whistling out of tune.

"Mm smells delicious", I said smiling sweetly at Conrad's back. He placed the pancake in a plate, removed his apron and turned back to me. He walked towards me and placed his hands over my shoulders and said,"Morning.You're a sight for sour eyes".

"Morning",I said slightly chuckling.

"What's so funny?",Conrad asked in a sweet,innocent confused voice.

"Your sweetness",I replied tip-toeing to kiss him. "Happy Valentine's day",I said giving him another small peck on the lips.