Chapter 21

"Alright",Steven said parking the car near Clay's house.

"You guys head out",I said as Jeremiah,Sherely,Daisy,James and Shauna walked out of their cars.

"We'll be there in a few."

"You sure you don't want me to stay?",Jere asked looking worried.

"No Jere. Have fun",I said kissing him on the cheek through the window.

"So how're we gonna do this?",Taylor asked playing with her fingers.

"We'll just have to go with the flow",I huffed.

***

"Belly!",we heard somebody squeal from behind.I gulped nervously and put on my big fake smile as I turned around to face Sophie.

"Soph",I said moving in to hug her. "I've missed you."

Sophie was a lovely woman. I absolutely adored her. She had black shiny hair with dark brown eyes and a cute button nose with pink cheeks. She was always sweet and kind and was one of the most bubbly people I'd ever met. I always thought Steven and her were endgame but I guess not.

"Hey guys",she said waving at everyone. They exchanged hello's and it was time to break the news.

"Do you mind if we head out to talk?",I asked her softly. "No, not at all",she said smiling.

We walked to the back of Clay's house which had a swimming pool and a jacuzzi. It was lit with lanterns from light post to light post and surprisingly there were no people here.

"We didn't want to fish all the cans from the pool so we made this only family area for the parents but our they aren't home yet so it's empty",Sophie said reading my thoughts.

"Have a seat guys",she said pointing at the lounge chairs.

I took a sip from my red cup and sat down beside Conrad.

"Sophie",Taylor said watching her cup with a peculiar interest."I'm sorry I left you alone that",she said swallowing nervously,"Day."

"It's okay Taylor", Sophie said squeezing her hand assuringly."It was an emergency and I get it."

"No it wasn't!",Taylor yelled between sobs. "You are one of my best friends and I betrayed you."

"What are you talking about?",Sophie asked worriedly. Steven was about to open his mouth but I shut him up by a foot kick.

"I'm so sorry Sophie",Taylor pleaded. "Steven broke up with you because of me! I'm so sorry",she sobbed.

I nudged Steven in the ribs. "No. It wasn't your fault. You had no idea!",Steven argued with Taylor.

"Idea of what?", Sophie yelled.

"No idea that I liked Taylor when I was dating you!",Steven yelled.

"Oh", Sophie said simply.

"Oh?",I asked.

"Yeah. I knew he liked her but I just needed somebody to hold on to so I-I couldn't bring myself to break up. When he did it I was relived actually. I called Taylor to tell her that it was fine if she liked him back but she never came",Sophie whispered the last part.

"No offense Steve but I never really loved you. I mean yeah I did like you but it just wasn't working", Sophie said calmly.

"I never thought I'd be happy with a rejection",Steven mumbled innocently. We all burst out laughing at this dilemma of Steven's.

"What I'm saying", Sophie continued."Is that I don't mind if you date him. Anyways I've found someone whom I love."

"You love Clay?" I asked quickly. "No Offense."