Chapter 03 - Everything Will Make Sense

Chapter Three
"Everything Will Make Sense"
Daniel Rouge Gustilyo's Point of View

It was excruciating because I needed to adjust to the life of the oppressors. Every now and then according to them, I get to receive a monthly checkup para tingnan kung healthy ako. I was also forced to drink a drug that should turn me feminine gradually. I was on a strict diet too, and they often have to calculate the amount of nutrients I should take every day but I am a boy and its natural that I eat a lot but what can I do? I can't say no to the people who offered help to my family.

Assenting is the least I could do.

'Di rin maiiwasan na walang taong sasama sa akin kahit saan ako pumunta. Me and Theo were provided with an escort na bumubuntot sa amin.

And also I have to be with him all the time.

And he has to be with me too.

I was his company. After all.

I can't explain everything kasi kahit ako naguguluhan sa sitwasyon kong ito. This is just a mere ostentation I had to live with from now on. At wala akong magagawa dahil nga saying yes is the only least thing I could do as a thank you sa kanilang pagsusuporta sa pamilya ko.

I know I have to live as someone.

I have to forget who I was — that someone.

I know someday this is going to make sense.

Everything will make sense, that's what I always remind myself of — Everyday.

Today's my first week as Rouge. Or they'd rather pronounce it as, 'Rog' or 'Ruzh' , or if not Dani — whatever they'd like to call me. Since I can't call myself mine. Dahil pagmamay-ari na ako ng mga Gustilyo.

Kasi I don't own myself anymore.

And I can tell so fa that I had coped up with this mod con lifestyle the family lives with. Gradually I'dbe able to adapt well in this lifestyle.

While going to school, hawak-hawak ko ang cellphone na binili para sa akin ng Mom. It was an iPhone? At maliit lang ang contacts ko dito. It was only exclusive for the Gustilyo's, as usual. Mayroon na rin akong iPad at Mac Book Air provided for me to use.

I was sent to a prestigious school. With high security and a high standard of educational system. It was exclusive only to the elite, to those who have relations with the government at ang mga anak ng mga business tycoons or to sum it all up, a school for the family of the oppressors. You can study here too, kung makakapasa ka sa exam nila.

In my new school, we were expected to be using gadgets already. Everything is in new technology. And the gadgets I have were already updated to provide me information in my new school, at sa mga classes ko. Even in actual classes, may prino-project lang sa amin sa dingding. Spoon-feeding dito. And I am not used to this.

It's also an English speaking institution and I had to abide with it. We are the children of the corps d'elite what can I do? We were expected to have class and to be the best we will ever be.

This wasn't what my school used to be.

Sa amin kasi. Magshe-share ka pa ng libro. Then you have to read and read and read para may pang sagot ka sa oral recit mo. You have to work hard in order to attain something. You also have to clean your room then from time to time maglilinis din kayo ng garden sa likod ng school. But my school is different from what I got used to.

After class, me and Theo went outside. Nakasunod naman ang mga escort namin sa likod namin habang nakahawak lang si Theo sa kamay ko. His face was stoic and he looks like he's used to the stares whenever we pass at the people in the hallway. Napatingin naman ako sa kaniya.