elysian comeback interview

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

: *✧・゚:* ❝ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 𝗘𝗟𝗬𝗦𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗦 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗜𝗥 𝗨𝗣𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 ! ❞

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[150620]

Q: PLEASE INTRODUCE YOUR UPCOMING ALBUM 'DILKASHI'

moon: the first stage of falling in love, truly admiring and appreciating every little thing that person does. the album is about basically the amount of love one person holds for their new crush, and how much they think of them.

hyunjin: i think it's an album about love, very cliché but i really enjoy the songs on the album. it expresses really falling in love, "don't you think of me? i think of you three times a day," that kind of idea.

mei: i guess you could say the keyword for this album is 'love.' it's truly that high school crush stereotype. like the nerd falls in love with the jock, but he doesn't notice her.

Q: WHICH LYRICS DO YOU LIKE BEST FROM THE TITLE SONG? OR WHICH PART DO YOU THINK "THIS MEMBER's LINE IS REALLY CATCHY?"

moon: i really liked the beginning of the song. talia starts it actually. she sings really smoothly, "oooh, when i first met you, oooh you circled me like a lion." i also like how the song it written. it references a lot of upcoming tracks as well.

kimberly: in the post chorus, all of us sing together, it's like harmonies and i think are voices work really well together. just "oh oh oh," like that, but i think it's still really effective.

angel: for me, at the end, we all harmonise together, "tell me why," i just think it sounds really magical and is fun to end it of.

Q: WHICH SONG DO YOU LIKE THE MOST OTHER THAN THE TITLE TRACK?

talia: definitely 'three times a day,' i really like it's structure. also, the members vocals compliment the instrumental so much. the chorus is very chill and just makes you want to move your head. there's also little magical sounds in there. the instrumental is just such a masterpiece and i'm happy i got to work on it with mei. i think the chorus is really catchy as well. the chorus, "three times a day," mei sings it very cool.

sora: say you love me. i got to work on that song a lot so i think it's a personal favourite. i really like the chorus, it makes you want to dance. also, the lyrics match the whole, 'high school crush' concept. like,
"i'll give you everything, baby you got something i want," lyrics like that really set the tone and continue the theme throughout.

mei: i really like the final song, 'no more.' as the next few albums and comebacks are all connected, this is where you start to hear the transition to the next theme. actually, i don't want to spoil much but, it's more in perspective of the other girls. almost like it's two different universes where the girls are and love and then another where they're looking at us and like, "did you find a new guy already? oh my fox-like friend." i guess it'll make sense later on but this is the beginning of the next era.

Q: WHICH MEMBER PULLED OF THE VISUAL CONCEPT THE BEST THIS TIME AROUND?

hyunjin: visual concept? i think mei, she looks so much like a princess this comeback and her visuals are so out of this world. she really suited the retro kind of sexy vibe, i guess you wouldn't really expect it from her but you would at the same time, if that makes much sense.

sora: i think we all really matched the concept. this kind of concept isn't the hardest when it comes to choreographies but we get to show our stage presence and vocals, which i'm really excited for. it's the type of comeback that just wouldn't go right if a member was missing.

angel: i think all members did well whilst showing their individuality. but if i had to really choose one, i think talia, she looks like she came straight out of the music video everyday. she has a very princess look about her which she suits. and we don't have a rap in this song so i'm happy talia gets to show her vocals in a title track.

Q. THE FANS WERE SHOCKED BY THE NEW ERA TEASER, PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IT SYMBOLISES

kimberly: it shows the main plot for the lion heart music video, the seven girls are all close friends but they don't realise they have fallen in love with the same guy, until the get caught up and his secret gets exposed. the small glitches are hints to the poor mans and even some of the girls' outcomes.

sora: it's showing how this new storyline of our upcoming releases link. the theme is the seven stages of love. i don't want to spoil much. but a lot is hinted in not only the music video but throughout the album as well.

Q. WHAT DID YOU PAY ATTENTION TO MOST WHEN FILMING THE MV?

hyunjin: i definitely think the acting part of the music video is the most important part. all the members individual parts tell a story and so i think it's very important we played the role perfectly.

moon: choreography. because the song is vocal based, and the song is more slow, it's not fit for a complicated choreography. due to this, we really have to make the choreography look as good as possible and focus on not only how we present it but how well we can present it, we're still rookies and really want to staple our name to prove we're worthy of our spot.

mei: i really enjoyed the outfits and aesthetic of the full music video. it really goes with the song and also does a really good job at beginning the upcoming storyline.

Q. WHAT KIND OF REVIEW DOES ELYSIAN WANT TO HEAR FOR THIS ALBUM?

talia: i want people to recognise how, yes, it's a very overused and popular concept, but i want them to say, "wow, they did well, it's generic but they made it very elysian." also, i feel like a lot of girl groups are going for a more tropical comeback, because it's closer to summer, but we tried something different and i really hope our fans appreciate the comeback. i guess we're still rookies but i want people to favour our music and get them anticipated for the next album.

sora: i want this album to really set us down as a girl group and show what we're made of. i want people to really enjoy this album, to the point where they want to listen to the songs a lot. it's a very safe sound but i really hope they can recognise that we're not just another girl group and that we're so much more.

angel: "a group with good vocals and stage presence!" our comeback really determines on the stage presence and live performance, because if we perform and it's lacking power, it's not going to be a rememberable performance. i also want them to praise our vocals and teamwork!