eight

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟭𝗦𝗧, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬                             𝗣

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟭𝗦𝗧, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬 𝗣. 𝗡𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗘.

South Korean girl group ELYSIAN have just shattered a new record, as their single "MR. MR." has become the fastest music video by a KPOP group to earn one billion views, just missing PSY (which would have made them the fastest korean act) who beat them by just a month.

The group's label, JYP and KQ Entertainment, shared the news on the groups SNS' today, as well as the girls themselves. A YouTube spokesperson separately confirmed the news by writing "ELYSIAN's 'MR. MR.' has officially become the fastest South Korean group to enter the Billion Views a Club."

ELYSIAN released 'MR. MR.' on August 16th, 2019, as the lead single off their third mini album, 'GOOD GIRL GONE BAD.' The opulent video became an instant sensation, reaching 113 million views in the first twenty four hours, which is record time for a South Korean act, making the music video the most viewed m/v on youtube in the first day in YouTube history, beating their seniors BTS.

While ELYSIAN aren't the first korean act to do so, just the fastest, as BLACKPINK did it before them, in November of 2019, over a year after the release of their hit, '뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU).'

ELYSIAN are no strangers to breaking records. They are the highest-charting female KPOP act on the BILLBOARD 200 and the BILLBOARD HOT 100; their 'GOOD GIRL GONE BAD' EP, peaked at 16, and it's title track peaked at 22. In December, 'MR. MR.' was certified gold by the RIAA, making ELYSIAN the first KPOP girl group to earn an RIAA certification, BILLBOARD previously reported. ELYSIAN are also the most-subscribed music group on YouTube, amassing 35.4 million subscribers.

We wish nothing but support and success for their upcoming release! Watch the 'MR. MR.' music video here, and watch how the girls of ELYSIAN reacted at such the achievement on their separate SNS accounts here.

𝗦𝗘𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦...

(+1002) The fact that they're doing better then some of their seniors isn't even shocking to me at this point ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

(-6429) People are mad, but it's clearly jealously. The girls have never been in drama (besides the dating, but I'm sure being in love isn't a crime), they are loving to their fans and respectful to everyone around them, plus they're hard working. They basically built this for themselves. I'm so proud. ㅠ.ㅠ

(+2882) Wah~ it's thanks to groups like them and BTS that others are respecting our culture more, I'll have to thank them for that. ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

(-4447) You cant even belittle them, they've truly built this for themselves. They write and produce their own music, they even take part in directing their music videos and coming up with concepts. I haven't heard of a girl group like this in a very long time.. ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗦 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘.