The wedding of Madeline Gray

Chapter one: The wedding of Madeline Gray (Emma's POV)

It's our last day at school. Summer is starting. The stress is fading off. Everyone's happy, everyone's smiling. Including me. I'm in my last class for the last day and I couldn't be happier. 

"As you all may know, next year our two Home Ec. classes will be shuffled!" my home economics teacher, Mr. Harrison announced. 

I've been in his Home Ec. class since the beginning of the sophomore year and he is an amazing teacher. The other teacher for Home Ec. who teaches the other band, Mrs. Stephanie? Not so great. I will very seriously consider dropping the subject if I have to deal with her. 

"Some of you from this class will be sent there for improvement, and some from the other class will arrive here in your place," he cleared his throat, "Anyone wants the list revealed yet? If so, I suggest you quiet down, Ms. Davidson," he glanced at her. 

She was sitting at the back, gossipping very loudly to her best friend about her not-so-great boyfriend. Or maybe that's just my opinion. That's Rachel Davidson. We're not friends. We're strangers. 

"There are seven of you who will be going to the other class, and seven will be coming here. Keep in mind, this is to test and improve your skills, so don't miss me too much. As you all may know, Mrs. Stephanie isn't so liberal," he mumbled before grabbing the list. 

The whole class stilled. Everyone loved it here. 

He was amazing. Funny, easy-going, laid back, and not scary unless he really wanted to be. Which was rarely. 

"Jonah Hall, Madison Coleman, Austin Moore, Bethany Williams, Justin Rodriguez, Ethan Brooks and last but certainly not least, Rachel Davidson." 

Basically, the annoying assholes of this class that don't shut up. 

Zoey and I sighed in relief in sync, glad that neither of us were leaving. Zoey is my best friend. Since middle school. I love her to death, she's like my sister. Annoying at times, but like my sister nonetheless. 

"How is that fair, Mr. Harrison?" Rachel stood up. 

"Here we go," Zoey sighed while leaning back in her seat, watching the show. 

"May I know how these students were chosen?" she challenged.

"I chose the ones I wanted out of my class," he shrugged, "Do you have a problem?" he arched an eyebrow at her and some of us broke out into soft laughter. He was clearly amused by himself. 

"Is that how Mrs. Stephanie chose her students?" Rachel questioned. 

"You can ask her yourself and see what kind of answer she gives you, but yes, that's how she chose her students. This is meant to discipline you all, have a great summer everybody! Enjoy!" he said as the bell rang and we all filed out, wishing him a happy summer too. 

"Mr. Harrison," I stopped by at the desk, "Can I please know which students will be joining us?" 

I just had to make sure he wasn't. 

"You are not supposed to know this information, Ms. Roberts, please tell your friend something, Ms. Gray," he glanced at Zoey. 

"We're just looking for one name, sir," Zoey sighed beside me. She's looking for one name, I'm looking for the other. She's looking for the name of her crush. Landon White. Since freshman year, she's had a thing for him. They almost happened. 

Almost. 

I'm looking for the name of my ex-boyfriend. Nick Heartwell. The one and only. Such an asshole.