Miami Beach

Chapter six: Miami Beach (Emma's POV)

I woke up to a pounding head, with no memory of last night. 

"Ow, ow, ow" I cried while stuffing my face into my pillow. I reached out to the nightstand and moved my hand around aimlessly till it stopped at a bottle. A pill bottle. I am very confused. I pulled my head up and looked at it in my hands. 

"Advil?" I mumbled to myself. 

There's only one person who leaves me Advil for my hangover mornings. 

Why were you here Nick? 

I groaned and grabbed the water, popping the pill before rubbing my eyes, freezing when I realized I probably just smeared mascara all over my face. I pinched my eyelashes but no. Nothing. 

Did he take care of me and tuck me in? 

I ran my fingers through my hair and that too was now in a ponytail. 

What the hell? 

I looked down at my clothes and I was still in the dress. Thank god. 

I slowly got out of bed and went to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and washed my face. While I was doing that, my house phone rang. "Hello?" I picked up. 

It was William. "Hi, Emma?" he questioned. 

"Yeah," I said. 

"We're heading over to Miami Beach for the day, we'll meet you at breakfast, just bring a beach bag with you, okay?" he asked. 

"Are you calling everyone to tell them this?" I chuckled. 

"I am, and so are my parents," he chuckled. 

"See you at breakfast," I said before hanging up. If we're going to the beach then I will shower once we get back. I grabbed a different bikini than yesterday's and began packing up my beach bag. 

Sunblock, sunglasses, and a towel. I grabbed a tank top and shorts to wear over my bikini and went and changed, throwing my hair up in a bun before applying sunblock all over myself before pulling on flip flops and heading down to breakfast. As expected, the whole floor was in chaos. 

There were a bunch of people going into their rooms, coming out of their rooms, going into the elevators, laughing, talking. It was intimidating. I turned the corner to the elevator and it was fairly crowded. 

"Fifty-seven floors. How bad can it be?" I asked myself before taking the stairs. 

Bad. Very bad. 

And I was just going down, imagine going up fifty-seven floors. I slowed down but kept walking when I saw Nick coming up the stairs. He was running. I'm on the twentieth floor. 

"Why are you running?" I asked in confusion. 

"I left my key upstairs. I think," he said, only slightly out of breath while he itched his forehead, his phone in his hand. 

"Nick," I cleared my throat. 

"Yeah?" he asked. 

"Your key is in your phone case," I mumbled. He sighed while looking at it, cursing. 

"Fuck," he bent over and sat down. "I ran twenty floors for this?" he looked at it. 

"Have fun running down twenty more," I smiled before walking past him. 

"Well then, I'll just join you and keep you company," he caught up and walked beside me. 

"Were you really gonna walk up fifty-seven floors?" I asked.