That goddamn dress

Chapter thirteen: That goddamn dress (Emma's POV)

The Grays have announced a dinner for tonight and as per Madeline's orders, we must attend and cannot drink because this is really important. 

I looked at all the dresses that I laid out in front of me. I was just going to wear the navy blue bodycon dress, but my eyes drifted to the red one. The last one. I pursed my lips while falling into thought. Nick was trying to flirt with me today, right? I'm the only one that saw what he was trying to do in the changing room. I acted dumb and kept commenting on the dress but it's not just me, right? 

"Let's see what I can do with you," I picked up the dress and took it into the bathroom with me. I showered, and then straightened my hair before putting makeup on and slipping into the dress. "Hair up or hair down? Hair up?" I asked while holding my hair up. "Or down?" I huffed. Nick didn't say if my hair looked better up or down with this dress. "Let's just do both," I shrugged, grabbing a hair tie and a few bobby pins, putting my hair up in a half up half down. 

"Heels. I don't have heels," I huffed while staring at my shoes. 

Sneakers. Wedges. Flip flops. Wedding heels. 

"Huh," I mumbled while kneeling and lifting my clothes. "I guess I was smart enough to bring another pair," shrugged, taking the silver heels and pulling them on. I sprayed perfume all over myself before my phone dinged. 

'See you downstairs, meet me in five- Mads' 

Until then, let's go check on Zoey. 

I grabbed my phone, slipping the key card in the case before heading out. I opened the door and walked over to Zoey, bumping into a few relatives occasionally. I knocked on her door and she answered as she struggled to zip up her dress. "Need a little help?" I chuckled while walking in. 

She turned around and I was surprised she managed to zip it halfway up. 

"There ya go," I said while zipping it up all the way. 

"Let's go," she sang while pulling me out with her. 

We walked to the elevators and saw the doors closing. "Wait, wait, wait!" I pressed the button, rushing over to the elevators. 

"Ow!" someone hissed before the doors opened. The doors opened and Liam, Landon, and Nick were all standing in there, more specifically, Nick holding his own hand, wincing. 

"Sorry," I said while Zoey and I stepped inside. "Are you okay?" I mumbled while standing between Liam and Nick. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," he nodded while shaking his hand. 

"Sorry," I mumbled. 

"It's fine, I- oh," he said slowly while checking me out. "Shit," he mumbled while leaning against the wall. 

I bit back a smile and kept my gaze on the floors to see how far we were. Soon enough, the doors dinged open and we stepped out. Liam and Nick led us to the hall and opened the doors. 

"Holy shit, this is not just guests, right?" I mumbled to Zoey as we walked in while I looked at the crowd. 

"Dinner is open to the entire hotel," she shrugged. 

It would have been nice to know that. 

I walked with Zoey, greeting guests of the family before heading over to the bar. "Can I get an iced tea, please?" I leaned against the counter, setting my phone down. I sat on the stool, watching the people walking around, the women seemed to be floating around, that's how big some dresses were. My dress was good. Flowed down to the floor, backless, sweetheart neckline, showed the right amount of cleavage according to Nick. I felt good, I didn't stick out like a sore thumb like I normally do at big, fancy parties.