Hospital Visits and Confessions

Taehyung’s eyes flew opened, as he sat up out of a hospital bed,  gasping for air. Hoseok wakes up from the chair in the corner and rushes over to Taehyung. Taehyung still freaking out, looks to see where he is.

        “We’re at the hospital Taehyung.” Hoseok said firmly. He grabbed Taehyung’s hand, but Taehyung responds and pulls away. Taehyung didn’t want to do anything with Hoseok after what Taehyung went through. But as Taehyung shifted his head to Hoseok, Taehyung saw the quite depression over Hoseok’s face at the rejection.

        “What time is it?” Taehyung said vaguely.

        “Almost two.” Hoseok replied with sympathy in his eyes. Taehyung then looked down to his arms to see the horror on multiple IV’s stuck in both arms and wrists.

        “What happened to me?” Taehyung said as he let a tear roll down his face. Hoseok sighed and then said, “The doctor told me that when you woke up and functional, that he would tell us both.” Hoseok smiled and reached up with his thumb to wipe away the fall tear down Taehyung’s face. Taehyung with many more blunt questions to ask him then said, “Why are you here if you could of been with your new girlfriend.” Taehyung choked on his words as his breath began to get faint again but luckily there was tubes that hooked up to his nose, giving him the air that he needed. Hoseok took a long pause and grabbed Taehyung’s hand by force.

        “She wasn’t really into me to think about it and she’s not my type anyways.” Hoseok said without a pause between words. All Taehyung did was let out a little laugh and smile.

        The nurse comes in, and to surprise sees Taehyung up and talking. She then makes a note on her clipboard and runs to get the doctor. A few minutes comes by and the doctor enters the room.

        “Kim Taehyung.” He says reading off clipboard.

        “Yeah, that’s me.” Taehyung said as he let go of Hoseok’s hand.

        “Well Mr. Taehyung, it has seemed you have experienced a high level anxiety attack.” The doctor continued on. “Many common people  experience theses as a fear of losing someone they dearly love, either death or friendship, and even relationships.” The doctors eyes made a glance to Hoseok. “But I have been doing some research on you and also to find that you sometimes experience night scares too. Night scare syndrome. Am I right?” Taehyung nodded in response.

        “Ah, I see then. That may have sparked your anxiety attack and things around you must of encouraged it.” Was all he said as he wrote down notes on the clipboard. Hoseok didn’t quite understand the last part of what he said but Taehyung knew exactly. The doctor then cleared his throat and said, “I'm going to prescribe some medication for you to take for two weeks that will slow down your heart rate down which will also lessen some of the nightmares you are having. You will be able to go home tomorrow morning.” That was all the doctor said and he walked out of the room.

        Hoseok just stared at Taehyung hard for a long time and then cut the silence. “Taehyung is there something you're not telling me-”  Hoseok got cut off by the ringing of his phone. He shoved a hand him his pocket, retrieving his phone. Hoseok turned on his phone and it was a text message from Jimin: “Can we meet somewhere. I have to talk to you.”

        Hoseok let out of a breath and replied to meet at a local cafe that they always go too when spending time together. Hoseok then turned to Taehyung and said, “I have a last minute meeting to go to. Are you going to be okay if I leave you?” Hoseok really didn’t want to leave Taehyung but he had to go deal with Jimin about whatever they are going to talk about.

        Taehyung nodded and said it was okay. Hoseok then stood up and wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s neck and said, “See you in the morning.” Hoseok then let go, turned around and headed out of the hospital room. He thought to himself that he should've just told Jimin to meet another time and stayed with Taehyung.

        Hoseok arrived at the small coffee shop. He went up to the window of the outside of the building, looking around for where Jimin could be.

        “This better be important.” Hoseok said to himself as he checked his phone. Hoseok gave up on waiting and walked in and yet still no Jimin. He walked up to the counter, ordered some coffee, and sat down on a couch in the corner of the cafe. He took a sip of the coffee and didn’t understand it, because to him every type of coffee tasted the same to him.

        After taking a couple more sips of the burnt coffee, he reached over and put it on the table in front of him. Hoseok then realised twenty minutes has past and he was getting up to leave.

        “Hoseok!” Jimin called as he made his way to the couch. Jimin finally decided to show up and Hoseok sat back down. Jimin took a seat next to Hoseok and shifted his himself where he would face Hoseok.

        “How’s Taehyung doing?” Jimin asked awkwardly.

        “He’s doing fine now.” That was all Hoseok said. Silence passed by and Hoseok’s anger swelled up a bit.

        “Jimin, why did you make me come here if all you wanted to know was how Taehyung was doing? I could have texted you.” Hoseok snapped, grabbing his now cold coffee off the table to take a sip.

        “Thats not it… I… I wanted to talk about something for awhile now to you after we broke up but never had the guts too, till now.” Jimin said bashfully. Hoseok choked on his coffee and couldn’t believe what he just heard.

        Jimin and Hoseok went out 8 months ago just for a short period of time. They kept it hidden from the public and especially from Taehyung because Hoseok didn’t want Taehyung to view him any different and ruin their friendship that they had ever since they were kids. The only real reason why Hoseok ended the relationship was he couldn’t take it anymore with keeping secrets and having to worry every second of the day that Jimin would tell somebody. He was known to do that. So Hoseok cut it off through the simple jerkish way of breaking up, that was by text.

        “I miss you Hoseok.” Jimin said as Hoseok stared blankly at him. Hoseok did sometimes catch himself missing some of the moments he shared with Jimin when they were together, but some of theses were replaced by even better memories of Taehyung and Hoseok.

        “Jimin…” Was all Hoseok could reply back too. Hoseok didn’t have anything much to say about it.

        “Hoseok, will you be mine again? Or at least think about it for awhile?” Jimin then let one tear fall from his eyes. Jimin’s heart still ached from the unexpected break up because Hoseok never told him the reason for it. Hoseok didn’t want to reject him on the spot, so he nodded and agreed to “think” about for awhile. Jimin smiled, got up and hugged Hoseok who was still sitting down.

        “Thanks, hyung.” Jimin let go and waved goodbye to Hoseok. Hoseok smiled and waved back. Jimin turned around and went out the door of the cafe.

        “What am I’m going to do now.” Hoseok said in frustration as he leaned back into the couch.