Chapter 1

Krring krring!!

I woke up by the sound of my alarm as usual.I wish I could just throw the alarm away.But then firstly,I will be late and secondly I don't have enough money to buy another alarm.I slowly tried to get up.My whole body hurts so much.

I somehow managed to get up from my bed to wash up and get ready for my first job.

I took my cycle and started cycling to the store.It's almost 5 am.There aren't a lot of people on the street as usual.The streets look brighter than usual.It's so quiet and peaceful.I like this time of the day the most.The morning breeze feels so nice too.Everything feels so fresh.

I reached my boss's store and took the newspapers from him.Here starts my first job.Delivering newspapers to every house in this area.I got to know how difficult this job actually is after starting to do it.Its so hard to cycle to everyone's house.And it's so hard to memorize what papers they need too.But even though it is the most hard,I like job out of all the jobs I have the most.Mostly because of the peaceful environment during this time of the day.

After 2 hours of delivering newspapers I was finally finished.It is 7 am now.I get to go home and rest and prepare for a little while.

Normally at this time I had to leave for my shift at the laundry.But I had to quit from that job because from today onwards my university will start.Today is going to be my first day at the university.I had to work so hard to get a scholarship there.I'm not that bright of a student.I had to study my ass of for this scholarship or else I would have to kiss my wish to study further goodbye.Because no one is gonna pay for my tuition and I can't afford it.

I was genuinely happy when I got the news that I was accepted into the university that I wanted.I promised myself that after I get in the university I will study really hard and try to get a really good job afterwards.Getting into the university gave me so much hope to for the future.

After I came back to my small rented studio apartment,I sat on my bed and looked at the books for university.Even though they are second hand I felt relieved that I could get them.For some reason looking at the books gave me so much more hope for the future.It was like something was telling me that everything will get better.

I gave a small smile while looking at the books.I don't remember the last time I smiled.Actually.But today I'm feeling so good.

I told myself,"Eunji-ah,let's study hard.Everything is only gonna get better from now on!!"

My life is already at the rock bottom.It can't possibly get worse than this.It has to get better from this point.All I need to do is try.

I got up and took the knife I kept under my bed and locked it up in my cupboard.

I won't use anymore of that.Enough!

I smiled again.I don't know why I felt so positive today.When was the last time I felt like this?I really can't remember.

After taking a shower and eating breakfast I started to get ready for the university.

At 8:30 I went to the subway waiting for the bus to arrive.The classes will start at 9:30.I will reach really early but I guess I could take sometime to look around the university.

After getting on the bus I looked outside of the window.I have been noticing it since dawn.But today is a beautiful day.The weather is so nice too.The sun is shinning so brightly!

Today is a beautiful day and I'm feeling positive about life.

Nothing can go wrong today,right?

As I was thinking that I suddenly received a series of text messages.I know those are from my step mother but I still opened them.

From:🙄
I asked you to send me more money.When are you planning on doing that?
Sent:8.41 am.