Chapter 7

"Eunji-ah,you've been looking down today,is something wrong?"Hoseok asked,while we were walking side by side in the university hallway going to the canteen.

"Don't I always look down?"I asked.

"Yeah,you do,"Hoseok said,"But today you look down-er than usual.What's up?"

I sighed but didn't answer.

After we reached the canteen we both bought sandwiches and sat at a table.That's when Hoseok asked me again,"Eunji-ah!Tell me what's wrong."

I sighed again,"Everything with my life is wrong,Hoseok.I feel defeated."

Hoseok frowned,"I told you to not feel that..what exactly happened?"

"It's just..I think my depression is growing more and more everyday now."

"That's why I told you to start pia.."

I didn't let him finish,"My family is constantly pestering me for money.My dad's gambling problem is growing.It's hard.And on top of that the cafe I work at will probably shut down soon.How would I get money?"

Hoseok was eating but when he heard that he stopped and looked at me,"Why would the cafe close?"

"We are getting less and less customers everyday.I don't know what's wrong.But the owner is planning on closing the cafe next month then I would lose a job.And finding a part time job is so hard these days,"I sighed.I really am concerned.

If this happens,I don't know how I would be able to provide for my family.I would still have two jobs but I don't think the salary would be enough.The thought of that is scary.

"You are worrying about your family not getting enough money,right?"Hoseok asked.

I nodded slowly.

Hoseok sighed,"Eunji-ah?"

I looked at him.

"I get that they're your family.You are the only incoming source of them.I get that you want to let them live a comfortable life.But they treat you so bad.They should know that if you stop giving them money they would have nothing.Then why do they still.."Hoseok sighed again,"And I don't understand why you let them treat you like this.You did everything for them,you even gave up your dream and worked..this behavior is unacceptable."

I listened to him.His words affected me like usual,"They are my family,Hoseok."

"You've given them way more than they've given you."

I know that.

Hoseok continued,"They are the ones that put you in this position,right?Made you feel unwanted,useless and worthless?"

I didn't reply.

"Ah!This makes me angry."Hoseok said and looked down for a bit to calm himself down.

He really is angry,isn't he?

"Eunji-ah?When will you think of yourself?Please stop helping them if they make you feel like this.Because you are not like that.You are precious and important."Hoseok said.

I chuckled,"Hoseok-ah,how did this turn into a lecture?"

Hoseok also let out a chuckled,"I don't know.But I've been wanting to say this to for a long time.I'm all for people loving their family.But not like this.Your so called family needs a lesson."

I chuckled again,"Let's not talk about it and let's just eat."

Hoseok nodded,"Yeah,I'm really hungry."