Chapter 18

"Only one hope,Only one soul.

Only one smile,Only one you."

That's pretty much the summary of whatever Hoseok has taught me and what everyone's life should be about.Today finally the time has come to show Hoseok that I learnt whatever he taught me.I will show it to him.

The day of the piano competition is finally here.I have been practicing my ass off the past few weeks.I have chosen a really complicated piece to play.Because it is the last day of my training and I want to go all out.Even though I'm nervous about it,that's what I want to do.And I don't care what anyone else thinks.That's what I will do.Hoseok supported me.

"Our last contestant is Im Eunji.Let is welcome her!"The host announced.

I was walking up and down in the backstage,waiting for my name to be called.Hoseok was here a minute ago,giving me strength but now he went back to his seat.I took a deep breath,held the sunflower necklace that Hoseok gave me two years ago and then walked onto the stage and bowed to everyone.Everyone clapped.

After I looked up,I saw so many people.Everyone was looking at me.I suddenly felt nervous.What if I mess up badly?I quickly held my necklace again which didn't match the elegant pink dress Hoseok made me wear at all but I didn't care.The necklace was giving me strength.I scanned through the audience to spot Hoseok.There I saw him,at the very back with the other members of BTS,wearing his mask.He smiled under his mask and gave me a 'fighting' sign.I smiled back at him and slowly went and sat in front of the piano.

I knew Hoseok was pretending to be okay but he was as nervous as I am.It's a big day for both of us.

I took a deep breath in front of the piano.I have to do this.

For Hoseok.

For my life.

And most importantly,

For me.

I slowly started playing the piano.After I pressed a few keys,magic happened.I got lost in the music.I didn't care that there were hundreds of people in front of me,watching me.I didn't care that I had to prove anything.I didn't care about the competition.I didn't care that I was on a very fancy stage.The only thing I cared about was the beauty of the music.

The whole room got silent.The only sound was coming from my piano.As if everyone had held their breath while I played Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2.I closed my eyes at one point and completely got immersed into the music.At this rate,I didn't care whatever happened around me.

After more than four minutes of playing I pressed the last key and opened my eyes.I was brought to reality when I heard clapping.I turned and saw everyone in the audience is clapping for me.I got up and bowed to them.I could fulfill this performance without panicking or getting way too nervous.I could successfully end it.I'm proud of myself right now.I looked up and saw Hoseok standing up and clapping for me.He looked so happy and proud.Right what I wanted to see.I made him proud.Everything brought tears to my eyes.

I went to backstage while crying.I was the last contestant.Now it's time for the judges to discuss and announce the winners.At that time I wanted to go and talk to Hoseok but contestants were not allowed to go anywhere and neither could anyone come to see them.I couldn't even call Hoseok because my phone was with him.I guess I can talk to him after the award giving is over.

After like ten minutes the judges came on stage and gave a small speech about how every contestant did a phenomenal job.Everyone played beautifully.And I agree.After that they slowly started calling the runner ups names.I didn't expect to get a prize,so I just stood in the backstage thinking about how much confidence this gave me.Now nothing in my life can bring me down.I love myself.Honestly and completely.Coming to this point was really hard and sad but I managed to do it.