Chapter 24

y/n only looked at the unconscious Abbacchio, tears welling up in her eyes. Bucciarati could only watch her, as what can he say at a time like this? His innocent daughter just saw her zio get struck right where is abdomen was, she had all the right to be scared, sad, ANGRY, all the emotions she could and should feel after having to witness that.

y/n grabbed Abbacchio's hand and held onto it tightly, Praying for god to keep her zio alive. Bucciarati really wanted to say something...but didn't have the strength to. Bucciarati turned his attention back to what he was doing with Giorno. "Any luck?" Bucciarati asked to Giorno. Giorno shook his head and said "it's no use, none of them are a match.". Bucciarati and Giorno were researching the fingerprints to see see if it matches any criminal records.

They decided to go through the records of the dead, believing that the boss possibly faked his death."we can't let him get away with this." Trish spoke out, grabbing the attention of Bucciarati and Giorno." A moment ago, just for a little while, I felt the same thing I felt in Venezia. The one who got close to Abbacchio was...my father." Trish said again, holding onto the mold of the boss's face, tightly gripping while saying "This man tried to kill Abbacchio with his own hands."

"Are you saying that the boss is here, Trish?" Bucciarati asked as Trish answered "Yes. I don't know where he is right now, but he's nearby.". Giorno than called for Bucciarati, but Bucciarati said he couldn't talk to him right now. "If we don't find out the boss's identity for sure and kill him, we're going to lose!" Bucciarati said to the golden haired boy, "we have to to track down his identity first!"

A notification than popped up on screen of to the computer, showing that the last picture was not a match for the fingerprints. "It's no use...The boss is meticulous." Bucciarati said in defeat, "it's impossible to track him down any farther.". A beeping noise than came from the computer, causing everybody in Coco jumbo (minus Abbacchio) to turn towards it. A voice than spoke out from the computer, crying out "That's not true!", as if it was responding to Bucciarati.

"You have already tracked him down. All that's left now is to find a way to defeat him." The voice spoke again, the computer screen glitching away from the police database. "I've been waiting so long!" For people like you, who'd do everything they could to track this man down!" The voice said, as Trish and y/n came over to the computer. "Someone tracked us down instead!" Bucciarati said out loud, "Giorno, cut the connection off quick!"

"No wait! Don't cut my off! I'm on your side!" The voice plead, "You want to defeat Diavolo, Don't you?". Everyone froze when they heard the sentence. "Diavolo?" Trish spoke out, only to be hushed by Bucciarati. "Please believe me. I knew deep in my heart the someone who wanted to defeat Diavolo would eventually show up. That's why I always kept this lie open." The voice continued to say. "I've been waiting for so long...I waited for years, filled with hope. I'm on your side!"

Bucciarati was skeptical, just because this voice said that name didn't exactly mean they were on their side. "Giorno, cut the connection." Bucciarati ordered. But just when Giorno was abo  it to touch the keyboard, the voice said out loud "His stand is able to skip through time!". Giorno immediately stopped his hand when he heard that. "Did you know that? Though I'm sure that you're in a hurry to find out who he is because you know that."

"He's on our side..." y/n said softly, Trish agreeing saying "No underling of my father's could've survived knowing his stand ability." Giorno said that the two had to be quiet, as they couldn't reveal more about themselves just yet. Bucciarati decided to let the voice say what they had to say. "First, tell us your name."   Bucciarati ordered, only for the voice to respond with "My name doesn't matter."

"My body is already in a State that prevents me from fighting. What's important is whether or not you are actually able to defeat him." The voice said again. "His ability to erase time has no weaknesses. I'm sure you're planning to assassinate him, but you're certain to fail!" The voice went on, Bucciarati asking them "Are you sure you know of a way to defeat the boss?". The voice answered with "His King crimson is invincible! But I do know of a slight possibility to defeat him."

The voice continued to speak "It's just a possibility, though. You will have to obtain that possibility." "Obtain it?" y/n asked in confusion to the voice. "Come to me. Come to Rome! If you do that, I can give you this possibility!" the voice pleaded. Bucciarati only said to them "Do you really think we'll go to you? We don't even know if we can trust you.". The computer screen than showed a golden arrow, the voice saying that they know at some of them are aware of what it was.

It was the stand giving arrow, well that was what it looked like. "Why do you have that?" Bucciarati asked, the voice saying it will tell them that later. "You must come to my location to retrieve this. He doesn't know the true way to use this arrow." The voice than began to explain that the arrow didn't just awaken stand abilities in people, saying that it tell what it can also when they came to Rome. "Come to Rome, this arrow will defeat him." The voice beckoned, "It is your last and only hope!"

The voice than explained the origins of the arrow, about how a meteorite fell in a place in Greenland called  Cape York in 1978. Two men from a team that was surveying for natural resources within the crater contacted a unknown illness. Both of the men ended up having blisters all over their bodies and eventually died. But before one of the two men died, he shot a a jolt that was just like a stun gun from his finger and burned off a few fingers from the doctor treating him.

In a investigation, it turned out that a virus which was tens of thousands of years old was inside the meteorite crater. It was theorized that the virus had flown to earth on the meteorite. "But what about the virus?" y/n asked, the voice replying to her question saying, "The arrow is made from the same material as the meteorite found in Cape York! " the voice explained that centuries ago, a man who wanted absolute power like a god, found about about the meteorite and created arrows from it. The voice currently had one of them.

"The killer virus culls life forms. This is a theory called "viral evolution." The voice said, continuing on saying "Most people who do tract this virus will die, but some possess something that lets them survive.". "And as if it were rewarding them, the virus will give them a new life ability!" The voice said that this had been proven the the four's own bodies.

"So that's what stands are..." Giorno muttered. "I see, I understand now...but what's this secret of using the arrow that we're supposed to retrieve?" Bucciarati asked. "I can't tell you that until you come see me in Rome. On top of that, I can only tell one of you what it is." The voice explained, "Because no one else can ever find out about this secret power."

The voice said that once they find out this method, They guaranteed it will take them to another dimension. "Is this really the only way to defeat the boss?" y/n thought as she looked up to Bucciarati. Bucciarati was still skeptical, as there was no guarantee that the voice's story was true. But if the boss found out they told him all about this, the voice's life will be on the line. Bucciarati decided to cooperate.

The voice said that they will meet in the colosseum in Rome. The computer screen than turned back to normal, going back to the police database. "I need to tell you all something!" y/n said, everyone's attention turning to her. "When we were back in Sardinia, I met this boy." "What's so important about this boy?" Bucciarati asked.

"The boy's name was Doppio and he  said that he was sent there by his boss, his assignment being set at Costa Smeralda." y/n explained, everyone looking in shock at her. "That was where we were at!" Giorno said, y/n nodding to confirm. "But the most weirdest thing was that he was being targeted by this man who was from the group of traitors that were targeting Trish. He was watching both of us.". "So what are you trying to say here?" "I'm trying to say that I think Doppio might be a close underling for the boss!"

"Where are you trying to get at here, Fiore?" Bucciarati asked again, y/n answering him "If this whole arrow thing turns out to be a sham, I believe that Doppio might be our best option in defeating the boss.". Everyone only stared at y/n, Trish finally breaking the silence "If this thing really doesn't work out, let's just pray that kid knows more than just My father being his boss..."

Just than, Abbacchio woke up causing everyone to go around him. "W-what just happened?" Abbacchio asked, Bucciarati explaining everything that happened back in Sardinia and right now. "So we're really just taking this on face value?" Abbacchio asked, Bucciarati nodded, admitting that even he was iffy about the situation. After telling Narancia and Mista about their new location, the group hurried off to Rome, not aware that someone other than the voice was waiting  for them there.