Chapter 26

Secco remembered the little girl that was falling down. Or more accurately he remembered her mother. Her mother was a women in her early 20's, and was stated to be in a abusive relationship with her boyfriend, but yet was to afraid to call the cops. The main reason being that she was pregnant with his child.

She was 4 months pregnant when her boyfriend decided to kick her out of his house, never getting the chance to tell him about the life that he made with her. The mother lived on the streets for the next 5 months, becoming a addict to drugs, more specifically the drugs Passione sold. It was a miracle that the baby was still breathing and walking to this day.

On the date of her baby's birth, the mother begged for somebody to help her. She didn't have enough money to have her pregnancy at a hospital, so she pleaded with strangers on the street to help her take the baby out of her stomach. Everyone that she asked only considered her crazy or was currently high so they just ignored her.

The mother than found herself on the doorstep of Cioccolata and Secco, crying that somebody help her. Cioccolata had no other choice and decided to help give birth. When the baby came out, the mother died right then and there. Secco still remember the baby's wails as Cioccolata chopped the mother into pieces, explaining that since she's dead, she was now free to use for anything.

Secco asked Cioccolata what they should now do with the baby, as it didn't seem to have any parents that could take care of them. "Just throw it in the trash." Cioccolata answered, not caring about what happened to the infant. Secco did as he was told, wrapping the baby in a towel and took her to the nearest dumpster he can find.

Before throwing the baby into the dumpster, Secco looked into the eyes of the newborn. Innocent (e/c) eyes that never got a glimpse of the person who gave them life. The little girl had the same innocent (e/c) eyes as the baby, but she didn't have the eyes of someone who was fearful...she had the eyes of someone who was determined to defeat him.
———————————————————————————

"I-I remember you...."

The enemy stuttered out, pointing a finger towards y/n. "What?" y/n thought to herself as she heard those words. "Did I meet this guy somewhere before?"

y/n than felt two arms go around her. It was Bucciarati, who followed y/n right after she jumped from the parking lot. "ARI ARI ARI ARI ARI" Sticky fingers cried out, hitting the enemy as many times as possible, finishing with "ARRIVERDECHI!"

The enemy quickly retreated back into the wall, Bucciarati and y/n safely landing on the ground. "DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH!" Bucciarati cried out to his daughter, holding her close. When she didn't reply, Bucciarati asked again "WELL?! DO YOU?". y/n apologized to her father, saying she was just trying to protect him.

"I don't want to hear it, let's get to Rome..." Bucciarati said, taking y/n's hand and going back up to the parking lot. The ride was very quiet, mainly between y/n and Bucciarati. Giorno was now out of Coco jumbo and was treating Mista's wounds. Trish and Abbacchio were watching over Narancia inside Coco jumbo.

y/n wanted to say something, but after giving Bucciarati that near heart attack, she just didn't have the courage. "So what did the bastard say to you?" Bucciarati asked y/n, which stunned her. "Huh?" "The bastard said something to you when you were falling...what did he say?"

Bucciarati did not turn to y/n while asking that question, having his attention completely on the road. "He said...I remember you." y/n answered, Looking down to her feet. "I remember you? What in God's name does that mean?" "I'm just as confused as you are papa..."

The two's conversation was then interrupted by Giorno, asking Bucciarati "Are you hearing that?".
Bucciarati at first didn't know what Giorno was talking about, until he heard it to...it was a helicopter. y/n than screamed when a body covered in the mold hit the car's window shield. Bucciarati, not being able to see what was in front of him, began to swerve the car.

The body got off the window shield, but Giorno wanted Bucciarati that they were now driving downhill. "The mold's going to get us!" Giorno said out loud, the car now falling to its side. "Giorno! Mista! y/n! We're jumping out!" Bucciarati yelled to the three, creating a zipper in the car and opening. The two teens and little girl held onto Bucciarati as he reached out of the car, creating a zipper for him to hold on. As the car then continued to roll down the street, Bucciarati ordered that they climb up, even if it's only a little bit.

Bucciarati, y/n, Giorno, and Mista managed to all get on the ground safely. The four looked up to see the helicopter and flakes of the mold falling down from it. "Subconscious....in a way, stand abilities are the users' subconscious abilities...." Giorno explained as he was watched the chaos around him. There where corpses on the ground that were affected by the enemy stand user's ability. Giorno believed that the stand user doing all this lives for cruelty, as any other person would have stop if they saw the damage they were doing.

y/n turned and saw a girl her age with the mold on her unconscious, her father holding onto her asking if she was alright. "I-I'll go get a doctor right away!" The father said, putting the young girl down and running back down. "Hey, don't! Don't go down that way!" Mista called out to the father but it was too late. The mold came into him and cut his body in two.

The mold was affecting everyone in Rome. People simply looking down from their houses to see what the commotion was about were not safe. People driving in their cars were not safe. Nobody was safe.
y/n held onto Bucciarati's leg tightly, covering her face in it. "Make it stop papa! Make it stop!" She cried out, tears staining Bucciarati's pants. Bucciarati picked up and and began to silently console her, "shhh, shhh, I got you...it's going to be okay."

"Mista! Is that helicopter within your revolver's range!" Bucciarati asked, only for him to replace it with "it doesn't matter! We have to hit it, no matter what!". Mista took out his gun and shot at the helicopter, his Sex Pistols ready to redirect the bullets. But as the bullets reaching the helicopter, they were deflected by the underground enemy stand user.

The enemy than jumped out of the helicopter and landed, immediately going underground. This caused Bucciarati, y/n, Giorno, and Mista to start sinking into the ground. Bucciarati told Mista to concentrate on the helicopter while he dealt with the underground enemy stand user.

Mista couldn't shoot at the helicopter as it was to far away, but with the help of Giorno, was able to shoot at the building to create a branch to trap the helicopter on the building. Giorno and Mista than went to deal with the stand user still in the helicopter, while Bucciarati and y/n were stuck with the stand user underground.

As the stand user underground took his head out from beneath, Bucciarati went to y/n and told her "Find higher ground, and hide there while I deal with him.". "No! I'm tired of you risking your life while I just hide in the sidelines." y/n said back. She then took out Don't stop Believin, saying "Let me help you take him down!"

Bucciarati looked at her in shock, but sighed and said "What am I going to do with you." Bucciarati soon enough smiled at his daughter and looked back at the stand user now crawling out from the ground "Lets show him what a father and daughter duo can do, y/n!"

Author's note: This and last chapter were actually meant to be published yesterday, but my WiFi was down so I couldn't do that. So apologies for the lateness. But with all the things that are happening currently in the world, I just want to say that you're all staying safe, and if your have a rough time, I'm sending all my love and support towards you. Thank you again so much for the support and I'll see you all tomorrow!