Chapter 25

It was already nighttime when the group reached a small costal village near Rome. Narancia and Mista were keeping watch outside of Coco jumbo, waiting for two drunk men to leave so that they go on land and take a car to Rome. Bucciarati theorized that they'll probably be in Rome in about 45 minutes.

When one of the drunk men started to pull the other one away from a water fountain, Mista noticed that a arm and two legs were wrapped around it. He then saw the drunkard with grey goo around him, slowly eating away at the man. The grey goo was on the man's missing parts....The grey goo soon started to speard, affecting the man dragging the drunkard, and two passed out men on a bench.

"This is a stand attack!" Mista said, taking out his revolver. But Mista started to notice that the grey goo was now on his hand. "What the hell is that, Mista?! When did that get on you?" Narancia asked, pointing to the grey goo. "I don't know, but you have to find the user, Narancia!" Mista said back, as Narancia took out Aerosmith. Narancia noticed that on Aerosmith's radar that other people in the village started to get effected by the grey goo.

Thanks to this, Narancia couldn't tell any of the symbols apart. Bucciarati asked what was now going on outside, Mista trying to explain the situation the best he can. Mista said that the grey goo was like mold, being able to rip his skin right open, and that it was breaking down other people's body parts.

Narancia decided to get back on the boat for now, but Giorno protested saying that it was to dangerous to move until they know what attacked them. Narancia didn't seem to hear him as he already was on the boat, but when he touched the wheel, the grey goo started to grow around him.

Coco jumbo, who was in Narancia's hands, soon started to have the grey goo seep into it's room. y/n noticed that the grey goo was on creeping up on her leg and tried to scare it off, only for it start growing on her hand. "y/n! Don't touch the mold unless you want that to keep growing on you!" Abbacchio cried out to the little girl, offering to take y/n's grey goo.

y/n started to notice that Bucciarati, Giorno, and Trish also had the grey goo growing on them. "Papa!" y/n said, trying to go over to her father. Bucciarati told y/n to not get closer to him, saying that if was for her safety. Giorno started to explain to Bucciarati how the grey goo was working, about how the mood spreads when someone is in a lower area than the user, the stand causing the mold's range would grow.

Giorno told Narancia to get off the boat and back onto shore, but the mold continued to grow onto him. "Throw Coco jumbo, Narancia! Throw it towards Mista!" Bucciarati ordered. Narancia attempted to do so, only for his fingers to fall off from the mold, making him drop Coco jumbo.

Mista shot a few bullets towards the boat, and with the help of his Sex Pistols, hit the engine of it, causing a explosion which flung Narancia and Coco jumbo onto land. As Coco jumbo landed, Bucciarati got out from it's room, y/n following right behind him. "Well done, Mista! As long as we move upward, their attack won't begin!" Bucciarati said to the gunslinger.

Bucciarati than noticed his daughter was out and ordered her to get back inside Coco jumbo, saying that it was to dangerous for her to be outside. "But, Zio Abbacchio told me to get out so the mold won't get to me! y/n explained, standing up. "y/n, if that's the case, than you need stay behind us and stay quiet." Bucciarati responded, with y/n nodding in confirmation.

When Mista put Narancia into Coco jumbo, Bucciarati went towards the stairs, y/n and Mista following right behind him.
———————————————————————————

As the three went up to the stairs to the parking lot, Bucciarati heard a can falling down the stairs. At first Bucciarati brushed it off, telling Mista to hurry up and get the car, only for another can to fall down. Bucciarati decided to check if his suspicions were correct, and kicked the last can onthe stairs down. Than the staircase started to vibrate.

Bucciarati ordered Mista to keep going, but Mista replied, saying that that they we're sinking. "We're moving away from the wall!" Mista said out loud, as the staircase started to get pulled into the ground. Bucciarati immediately grabbed y/n and held her bridal style, running to the top of the stairs with Mista. Bucciarati realized that there was another stand user attacking them, the user using their ability to get them  farther down that the mold can affect them again.

When the two reached the top of the staircase, Mista's revolver suddenly sinked down into the ground. Mista tried to grab it, but the mold came into him again. The rails of the stairs started to get pulled down one by one, the attention of Bucciarati and Mista turning towards it. "The enemy was probably attacking from inside the ground" Bucciarati thought to himself, "Mista! Climb onto the wall!"

Before Mista could do so, the last of the rails were taken, causing Bucciarati to take out Sticky fingers. Bucciarati than found himself sinking, y/n out of his arms and now on the floor, Holding tightly onto Coco jumbo. Sex Pistols than came from out of the ground, retrieving Mista's revolver. Mista took his Revolver and shot at a sign, causing it to bend towards them.

The staircase than got fully pulled into the ground, Mista, Bucciarati, and y/n thankfully getting held up by the bended sign. The three than climbed up to the parking lot, but when y/n looked down, she saw a hand poking out holding a camera towards her. y/n yelled, her father and Mista turning to see the camera. The camera than got pulled right back into the wall and the enemy started climbing up to them. When they started to sink into the melting ground, Bucciarati got up and took y/n in his arms, the three running to the car to get away from the underground enemy.

"I'll hold them back! You keep running with y/n!" Mista said to Bucciarati and y/n, taking his revolver out. "Don't stop, Mista! The ground is still hard!" Bucciarati said back to the gunslinger. Back when Bucciarati was pulled underground, he realized that despite the staircase was sinking, the floor was still solid. He came to the conclusion that the enemy stand user attacking them was able to take the properties of liquors while also remaining hard. That means that if Mista shoots, the bullets will ricochet back to him.

Mista shot three rounds towards the enemy, causing it to stop. When Mista approached the enemy, it grabbed his leg. Mista shot at the enemy but managed to deflect it, the bullets shooting at Mista's leg. "Zio Mista!" y/n cried out, seeing everything that was happening . Bucciarati put y/n down, as she tried to start the engine of the car.

The enemy than went back undergrounf and went towards the two. "Y/N GET INTO THE CAR NOW!" Bucciarati shouted at the little girl, but she only put Coco jumbo in the back seat and started running away, the enemy following right behind her. "ARE YOU INSANE Y/N!" Mista said in shock , y/n saying absolutely nothing to her father and zio.

y/n was going to drive the enemy away from the car, by going somewhere he wouldn't find her at. y/n than jumped off the parking lot and started falling, waiting to see if the enemy will show themself. and just on cue, they came out from the wall.

The enemy was wearing a brown bodysuit, that seemed to cover everything other than his eyes. When the enemy saw y/n, his purple eyes widen and stuttered out

"I-I remember you....."