Phase 1

We all waited for the exam to start as a timer was sounded and we looked towards the end of the building that was lifted up to see a man who told us to follow him if we wished to do the exam. This was the first phase but it seemed to easy. I gripped my backpack as I began to walk towards the middle with killua by my side.

The pace soon quickened as the rest tried to keep up. I turned to see killua riding his skate board as I fast walked for the time being because they weren't going fast yet. After three hours or so everyone seemed exhausted and dropped out as I continued I looked around to see gon behind me. "Hey y/n!" He yelled as him and leorio tried catching up. "Hey guys I'm sorry I didn't go back I met my little brother so I stayed with him" I said as I continued to walk fast. Leorio seemed exhausted as I passed him a short glance. Killua turned to see me talking to gon. "Hey wait up kid! How bout you show some little respect for the exam!" Leorio yelled as I raised an eyebrow which made him flinch back. "What do you mean?" Killua asked "what do you mean? Quit using a goddamn skate boars that's cheating!" He yelled as I ran closer to him "who died and made you an examiner to tell what's cheating or not?" I asked coldly as leorio became nervous. Killua grabbed my arm and shook his head as I let out a sigh and backed off. "Really how so?" Killua asked "how!? This is an endurance test that's how!" He yelled as I rolled my eyes this guy was seriously getting on my nerves. "No it's not the examiner said we had to follow him that's all" Gon said as I smiled. Killua slowed down and introduced himself to gon as he got off his skate board and ran with him. "Awh you guys look so cute! I knew you'd get along!" I said as I began to walk a little faster. "I'll see you at the second phase!" I yelled as I picked up the pace. I the two boys waved me off as I made my way to the front. I saw illumi and I ran up to him. "Oh y/n hey" he said as I smiled at him. "Aren't you glad dad trained us for similar things like this?" He asked as I shrugged. "It's great that we can endure everything" I said as he nodded. "I'm going ahead okay?" I asked as he nodded again and I saw that hisoka was right next to him. I quickly ran off towards the front. "Hey!" A guy next to me yelled as I turned to see a bald guy. I rose my eyebrow up "hello?" I said confused "my name is hanzo what's yours?" He asked as I looked at him "I'm y/n" I said as he smiled. "I can't believe you caught up to me" he said as I shrugged. "Do you think we are almost done?" He asked as I shrugged again. "Who knows maybe" I said as he let out a small chuckle. "You really don't like talking do you?" He asked as I smiled. "How observant of you" I said as he put his hand behind his neck and let out a laugh. "I'm actually a ninja so I have to be" he said as I smiled. "I don't think ninjas actually tell people they are" I said as he laughed again. We reached at least 80 kilometers by now as everyone ran up the stairs I was by hanzo still as the examiner picked up his pace and me and hanzo did to as we left everyone behind. Killua and gon ran ahead of me as I smirked. "Y/n you're so slow" killua said as I arched an eyebrow and ran ahead of the kids as I made it out I turned back to see both of them pouting. I giggled before I hugged both of them and played with their hair. "What? did you think these 8 years would slow me down?" I asked as killua glared playfully both boys started arguing about who was going to by dinner saying they at least made it to second place.

I leaned against the wall as I saw everyone getting our the building. I smirked once I saw Illumi coming late but soon stopped once I saw hisoka next to him.

"If your deceived you'll surely die" the examiner said as everyone looked around. He explained we have to pay close attention while we follow him. The entrance closed as he kept talking.   I stopped paying attention as a man started spouting nonsense. I know what these beast are and the examiner wasn't one of them. Hisoka threw his card at both men and explained how examiners now there way in avoiding an attack.

We continued with the examiner as we ran through the fog I wasn't seeing that hisoka was right by me. I was to focused on the scents around me that were unfamiliar. Gon told me to follow him and killua but I told them id be fine on my own as they ran ahead. Everyone started to scream I felt a pair of hands grab my hips and pull me away. I picked up the scent it was hisoka. "Hisoka! Let me go!" I yelled as he pulled me closer. "But why you smell so good I can see that you haven't changed much these past years y/n" he said as I managed to get out of his grip. "Stop it hisoka we are done what is it you want?" I asked as he smiled. "We are done?" He asked as he chuckled. "Y/n your still wearing the ring I gave you~" he said with a smirk as I looked back down at my fingers. "Seems like you hold onto the past my love" he said as I bit my lip. He was right.