Strategy

This time, since he actually knew the basics and that he could use his shovel instead of just holding it, Andrew was ready for another match.

Well, he didn't really want to do it, but did he really have any say in the first place?

He felt a bit uncomfortable sitting at the table for the four survivors heading into a match. There was Martha, The Coordinator, Helena, The Mind's Eye, and Eli, The Seer all sitting next to each other and chatting amongst themselves. Then there was him. The chair at the end of the table next to a broken one that he could have sworn he saw a ghostly outline of "Lucky" on.

Apparently, the hunters had the choice to show off in front of the four survivors before the match started. A lady in a large red dress and stitch marks across her neck suddenly just appeared behind them, doing a little movement before falling backwards and disappearing again.

He had heard of this hunter before. Bloody Queen, also known as Mary. She could place down a mirror and have a mirrored version of herself on the other side of it; the mirrored her could walk through walls, hit for half of your overall health, and she could teleport to it whenever she wanted. It was also rumored that she could see the outline of survivors if they're close enough to it. Basically, as long as she used her mirrors right, she was a tough opponent, according to the other survivors.

The match started out pretty good. Everyone jumped on different ciphers. Apparently, Helena had stomped down her cane, because Andrew could faintly are the position of Mary. To his misfortune, he was the one who had been spawned the closest to her.

He frantically looked around for a place to hide. Nothing. Moonlight River Park didn't really get along with his outfit choices, so he would have to improvise. He looked down at his shovel, remembering that he could use it as some type of tool. Feeling that the ground was soft enough, he formed a plan.

As Mary turned the corner, she could see the cipher Andrew had been working on, but no sight of the boy. The short trail left behind was just pacing in a circle, so it was practically useless. Knowing that waiting for one survivor to show their face again would waste too much time, she turned and walked away from the area and onto the next viper and he one after that.

Cautiously, Andrew used his shovel to to an exit to the surface so that he could breath again. He had used it to dig down under he surface and stay there, and the fact that he could hold his breath for at least thirty seconds or more really helped with it. Nobody had seen him do it before, so Mary wouldn't suspect the patch of dirt next to the cipher that he was hiding underneath. The dirt patch also kind of matched the colors of Moonlight River Park, so that was a plus. Though, hadn't that clown hunter seen it? Maybe he just didn't think to tell any of the other hunters. Lucky.

Andrew went back to decoding. He was apparently supposed to be in the rescue category. Usually people categorized there are really helpful for saving people, but usually really bad at everything else. He kind of understood, given that he was a lot slower at deciding than the other people in the match with him; especially Helena, since she was rumored to be the best and quickest decoder out of all of them, even though she was blind and they weren't.

Speaking of Helena, Andrew swiveled around, hearing a faint cry of pain. The hunters really didn't show any mercy, did they? Not even for the underage blind girl with glasses.

He made his way to the noise and saw Helena in the chair, just basically excepting it. The other survivors were all used to this kind of treatment by now. Though, she seemed to be having a small conversation with the hunter.

"How's your day so far, dear?" Mary asked Helena, by not looking back at her, for she was searching for incoming survivors.

Helena shrugged. "Besides this? Good, I guess." She couldn't move her hands because of the straps holding them down, but she held onto her cane for dear life, since that was pretty much the only thing that would let her somewhat see.

"Good." Mary stopped talking with Helena and walked a few feet away, still looking for anyone who was coming to save the poor girl.

Not wanting to be seen, Andrew dig underground again and started making his way towards the chair. He actually had claustrophobia— which was ironic because he was literally burrowing underground at the moment— so he moved a little quicker than normal to get it over with.

When he thought he was next to the chair and that Mary was a safe distance away, he resurfaced and untied Helena, noticing that he was doing it much faster than normal due to a short confidence boost.

He glanced to where Mary had walked off to, and noticed her staring right back at him. "Helena, get out of here," he muttered, glancing down at his shovel that had broken and was now useless. "Now."

Helena nodded and started running off with her cane as Mary just seemingly stood there. He was confused until he saw the blue mirror appear and her mirrored self standing right in front of him. He squeaked in surprise and started taking off, barely being able to dodge Mary's other self. After about ten seconds, Mary teleported to her mirrored self, meaning that her real self was now right behind Andrew.

"Hold still so I can get a hit on you!" Mary exclaimed, clearly annoyed as she swung her glass shard at him. Andrew turned a shape corner so that it missed. When Mary came close to him again, he hesitated before throwing down a pallet, which stunned her by hitting her face.

"You... ungrateful little brat!" Mary said, angrily balling up her hands as she crushed the pallet, glaring daggers at Andrew who was running for his life. "You'll pay for that, little grave keeper!"

The chase continued until Andrew heard the pop of the fifth and final cipher go off, meaning that the exit gates could now be opened. He smiled to himself as he turned to see where Mary was, gasping when he saw her right behind him with glowing red eyes, swinging her glass shard.

Suddenly, a bird flew from the sky and threw itself in between Andrew and Mary, taking the hit itself. The bird flinched in pain and flew off, leaving Andrew shocked while running away and Mary real pissed as she spun her glass shard, which was probably her post-attack "lag."

Andrew sighed in relief as he saw the exit gate in the distance. Helena, Eli, and Martha were all calling out to him, urging for him to hurry up. Only a little bit farther, and then he'd be free.

But of course, nothing can be that simple. He gasped in pain as he fell forward to the ground, right before the door of the exit gate. Weakly looking back, he saw the blue mirror Marry cleaning off her glass shard. He cursed to himself and tried to stand up, feeling it too painful so he soon gave up on it and decided to try to crawl instead.

Mary teleported to his side and smirked as she tied him up in a balloon, either it noticing or not caring that the other three were trying to get her attention.

"I'm getting at least one, and that's final!" Mary spat, carrying the struggling and floating Andrew to the nearest chair. She would have made it, too, if it weren't for the loud bang of a gun being fired. Mary winced and immediately dropped Andrew.

"Over here! Hurry!" So Martha was the one who had saved him? Andrew took off to the exit gate, knowing that Mary would not be happy when he saw him and Martha again at the manor. Because, thanks to Martha's gun, Mary went from having one elimination in the bag to being crushed.

And that one lucky survivor victory didn't make her happy.

Not one little bit.