"Prisoner"

After a solid few days, the owner of the manor said that the new survivor was coming soon, so everybody was just kind of waiting around near the entrance. Nobody knew how this person looked or acted. All they had been told was that they had killed someone before.

Seconds turned to minutes, which eventually turned to hours. Three hours, to be exact. They waited three hours for the new survivor to arrive.

Mid-conversation, the doors of the manor swung open, probably due to the fact that a boy had kicked them open. They were already unlocked and pushed open slightly before he had done so, but hey, it made him look cool.

The survivors at the table stood up and walked over to the boy with curiosity. He seemed to have a lot of confidence for the fact that he was walking into his own demise. But, that didn't matter at the moment.

His idle stance was him with his hands in his back pockets, rocking back and forth on the soles of his feet. Maybe he was uncomfortable? Or just kind of restless?

"It's nice to meet you," Martha said, smiling at him. He gave a grin back; it was crooked in a way and looked kind of crazed. "What's your name?"

"Heh, Luca Balsa." Luca paused for a second. "Wait, you guys never heard of me?"

The group all shrugged. They had never heard of Luca in their life.

"Really? Inventor ring a bell at all? Kinda a big deal."

"No one here really knew each other," Tracy mentioned. "We all just... came. That's how we all came to know each other."

"Ah, aight," Luca said, another crooked grin on his face. "You an inventor, too? You kind of look it."

"Um, mechanic," Tracy corrected. "But, yes, technically I am an inventor, too."

"Woah, cool. Maybe you can show me some tips about how this place works, and that game the invitation talked about."

Tracy agreed to Luca's request. "Alright." Another crooked smile went on Luca's face. In the room, a small silence occurred, mostly because they had nothing more to discuss, but also because they had to watch another new person suffer the same fate everyone else had.

"So uh, do you guys have any food here? Kinda hungry." He was about to mention why, but he had cut himself off, feeling that the majority of people there were already cautious of his background.

Martha nodded. "We were actually just about to have lunch."

"Nice." Luca did a little thumbs-up.

"Hey, Victor?" Martha asked, turning to the blonde. "Can you briefly show him to his room before lunch starts?"

Victor nodded and went up to Luca, leading him to what was going to be his room. Andrew noticed that he didn't really strike a conversation with Luca until he was a distance away from the large group. He assumed it was because Victor was more antisocial than he looked.

Once lunch had started, Luca seemed to be a lot happier. Prison food probably couldn't compare to the food at the manor. He had muttered something to himself on how it was like the good times, but nobody seemed to hear but Andrew. What had he meant by it? Had he experienced something similar to this before?

He was actually really good at sparking up conversations to anyone willing to listen. The chats could range from just normal conversations to rants about different tech. Was he good at tech? He wouldn't really shut up about it once someone got him on a rant, so probably.

Lunch ended after a little longer than normal, and everyone started heading back to their rooms. Andrew tried staying under the radar to make it back to his room quickly, but he was stopped by someone tapping his shoulder.

He turned around to see Luca grinning. "You alright?" he asked. "You and that person with the medical mask seemed to not really talk to anybody or vice versa. I was gonna ask Whatshisface, but he left before I could catch 'em."

"Yeah, I'm alright," Andrew responded, awkwardly looked down.

"Well, alright, I guess. Heh." Luca turned around to walk away. "See ya later," he said, doing a little two finger salute as he walked off.

Andrew was a little confused at Luca's behavior. He had been a convict for murder, but he acted friendly and pleasant around others. He'd have to ask him about it later.