Lost Dog

Andrew was walking back to his room when he noticed Victor looked around his room. He looked decently stressed about something.

He went over to the doorframe and lightly knocked on the open door so he wouldn't scare Victor. "You alright?"

Victor just shrugged. "I can't find Wick. I think I might have left the door open or something? I don't know. But, he's not here."

That's kind of strange. Aren't Victor and Wick always together? "I can try to look for him around the manor."

Victor put on a smile and nodded. "Alright. Tell me if you find him or anything."

Andrew walked off in the direction he had came. Now, instead of heading back to his own room to relax, he had to go on a scavenger hunt for a small dog.

He wandered around the manor for a good few minutes at least. The place was huge, and he was looking for one thing within it. Not the easiest task.

But, to his luck, he did eventually find Wick.

Who was all over Vera's feet, out of everyone there.

He sighed and walked over to Vera, trying to hide that he was nervous.

"Why's Victor's dog so annoying?" Vera angrily muttered as the dog refused to leave her. She glanced up at Andrew and rolled her eyes. "Oh. It's you."

"Y-Yeah, it's me." Just stay calm. She can probably smell fear. Wait, is that even possible? "Um, Victor said Wick got out and that he must've run off somewhere. I guess you found him."

"More like the mutt found me," Vera scoffed. She looked down at the dog who was nuzzling against her shin and her gaze softened momentarily. "He's kind of cute though, I'll give him that."

Vera's expression went back to normal. "But, he sheds too much for my liking." She picked up the small dog and held him out to Andrew. "Take him. It'll give me an excuse to get away from him finally."

Andrew nodded and picked Wick up. He was surprisingly light. Though, he was a smaller dog, so that would explain it.

He gave a small goodbye wave to Vera before heading back to Victor's room, now having Wick in his possession. Maybe the dog had gotten lost?

Victor looked outside his door, seeing Andrew holding his dog. "You found him!" he exclaimed, walking over to the two. Andrew carefully set the dog down on the ground. He seemed happy that he was now back in his owner's room.

"I think he might have gotten lost around the manor or something," Andrew explained. "He was with Vera in one of the main rooms when I found him."

"Well, thanks for finding him." Victor grinned and stepped towards Andrew, pulling the albino into a hug.

Andrew felt himself freeze up. He wasn't used to physical affection— any affection, really— so he didn't really know how to react. The best he got was him frozen in place and at a loss for words. He was also confused why his face suddenly felt hotter.

Victor pulled away and smiled as he sat down on his bed, looking down at Wick who was chasing his tail like nothing happened. "Well, yeah, thanks again for helping find him."

"N-No problem," Andrew managed to mutter. Like before, he felt his heartbeat start to increase abnormally.

He quickly turned away and walked out of the room, awkwardly looking down. Why had the same thing happened when around both Luca and Victor? It never happened around anyone like Vera, Emily, or Aesop, but only those two.

Why?