Aftermath

The mood was different from both sides of the manor after the match. The survivor side was mostly silent, whereas the hunter side seemed to be filled with anger.

In the match, that hit Mary had done was an illegal move. It was banned by the owner of the manor, because that would damage the survivors too much. That must really be something, given that the game exists in the first place. Her reason was that she didn't really care at that point. She was already upset, and he just had to push her buttons to the limit.

While Geisha and Bane were scolding Mary, Emily and a few of the other survivors had rushed Andrew to the medical wing. Aesop didn't even know what happened to the gravekeeper since he had blasted off before all that happened, so he was in for a surprise when he was finally getting released from Emily's care.

Luca and Victor filed into the room after a bit. They both felt guilty for what had happened. They were right next to him; couldn't have they done something— anything— to prevent it?

They sat down in two seats next to each other, both looking at the poor albino laying there unconscious.

"He'll be up soon," Luca muttered. "He'll be fine. Just... j-just give him a bit."

Victor looked at the prisoner. For once, he didn't have an optimistic look on his face or in his tone. "But what if he doesn't?"

Luca glanced at the postman and sat in silence for a few seconds. "Just give 'em a bit, Vic. He'll be fine. I... I promise."

Victor nodded and shifted in his seat. Either it was because he was just plainly uncomfortable or he was getting somewhat stressed.

"Look," Luca started, turning to Victor and trying to put on a comforting smile which just came out like an awkward smirk as always, "we can stay here and wait until he gets up together. Alright?"

Victor thought through the proposal before nodding, a smile coming to his stitched lips.

"Cool." Luca shifted so he was looking at Andrew again, and Victor did the same.

They didn't make eye contact or anything, but they both subconsciously reached in front of the seats and grabbed the other's hand to hold.

Both of their hearts seemed to suddenly pang, and their cheeks started to heat up, but they ignored it. They felt calm for the first time after the match. Still worried, but they would sit by each other to help pass the time as they waited for the albino to wake up.