Chapter 1

Wow we ain't starting with a prologue that's a first. Welcome to the new book, I've been thinking about it a lot so here we go. Btw I'm resurrecting Minji and Yoonji (side characters from other stories) cuz I'm lazy to find names. Also I'm mentioning Jungkook's real brother, but none of the things in here are true or meant to be offensive. Please respect him.

Junghwa POV

"Jeon Junghwa I know you're not actually doing work on our last day of school."

"Yeah girl, uni is done for the year and I'm looking forward to it. Don't gotta worry about nothing till we're sophomores."

I rolled my eyes, "Do you think I, Jeon Junghwa wild be doing any sort of school work on the last day of school?"

My best friends Minji and Yoonji linked arms with me, giving a cheeky grin.

We got in my car and headed off to work. We had to make money somehow right?

The three of us worked at a popular hangout spot for neighborhood high schoolers. The teens were obnoxious and overly hormonal, but it paid well enough and wasn't too far from uni.

I was excited because since school was over, I would be able to rake in more cash and hold longer shifts, which would get me enough money to move out.

"Ah my three favorite employees," our boss hummed, his voice sounding sadder than normal.

I was gonna ask him if he was okay, but Yoonji and Minji pulled me behind the counter, moving me away from the sudden crowd of boys and girls that had formed around us.

"Please line up in an orderly fashion and we'll bring you your food. Just because you all have graduated doesn't mean the rules have changed," I said.

With some effort, we managed to calm the raging high schoolers and were able to calmly and collectedly serve them their food.

Minji sighed wistfully, "What must we do? We're too attractive for our own good."

I playfully smacked her on the arm, "Don't be a narcissistic even if you're stating facts."

While the three of us were talking, a group of those high school boys had come up to the counter. The best way to describe them was those stereotypical varsity sports boys who would definitely become frat boys when they're older.

One of them slyly slid me a napkin with his number on it. His two friends did the same to Minji and Yoonji. He gave me a 'call me' wink, staring dirtily at me.

Yoonji and Minji gave me a knowing look.

I was pretty snarky when it came to rejecting hopefuls, but it was especially fun to turn down people that went to the same school as my little brother. He had quite the reputation as the school's most popular kid, as he was good at pretty much everything, and he was attractive because we had good genes.

I leaned against the counter, giving the boys a flirty stare.

"Do you boys know Jeon Jungkook?" I asked innocently.

The glimmer in their eyes faded and turned into cold scowls.

"Yeah we know him. What he to you?" He scoffed.

I stayed silent, giving a smug smile. Taking the hint, they backed off disappointedly.

I clicked my tongue, turning back to my girls cockily.

"And that, ladies, is how you use your younger brother's reputation to keep away weirdos," I winked.

They rolled their eyes.

"One day someone is gonna call you out on it and think you're dating your brother," Minji sighed.

Yoonji frowned, "And that can't happen because I want Jungkook."

I gagged, "Seriously? You're so gross Yoonji, don't hit on my younger brother in front of me."

She grinned, "Just staking my claim."

"Well if she is, then I am too. But I want your older brother, Junghyun. I dig the ones who know they're hot but don't like to flaunt it. That's Junghyun. He's the arty hot guy," she swooned.

I almost threw up. While Yoonji had a thing for my younger brother, Minji had a thing for my older brother.

"You guys are weird as hell. Trust me, you don't want my brothers," I groaned.

"Yes we do," they said.

I rolled my eyes, walking away from them to go check up on a few of the customers.

While I was, I felt a gentle tap on the shoulder. It was my boss.

"Oh hey. What's up?" I said, simultaneously refilling someone's soda.

My boss sighed, "Junghwa, there's no easy way to tell you this. I'm selling the business."

My heart dropped.

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry sweet pea. I know this job was gonna help you buy a house, but I'm getting too old to keep it up and I was offered a really good price for it," he frowned.

"But this place is a cultural reset. It's been around for like fifty years. This was THE place for high schoolers!" I argued.

He gently held my hands, "I know and I'm sorry. But you're a bright girl Junghwa. You're studying journalism aren't you? I'm sure you could get an internship somewhere."

"I have. I was starting in the fall. We readjusted my hours and everything," I said hopelessly.

He sighed, "I'm sorry Junghwa, I really am. If I could do more I would. You girls have been some of my best employees. I wish you well on your future endeavors."

Desperation overwhelmed me.

What am I gonna do now?