Chapter 10

Two Weeks Later

After the initial week of being at grandpa's fish shack, the next two weeks were like a blur. Every day we'd fish from dawn to dusk with few breaks in between. Well actually, more like Jimin and my grandpa would fish while I assisted in other ways. 

Though lately, it was usually just Jimin and me out on the dock. My grandpa would always say he needed to take care of something and would stay holed up inside all day.

This was totally out of character for my grandpa because if there was anything that guy hated, it was being indoors.

We usually got Sundays off to relax, so Jimin and I took advantage of that and pretty much locked ourselves in our rooms to catch up on some much needed sleep.

I decided to be a scholar for once and was writing a practice article on something that was happening in my own life. So I decided to write about my experience here at the fish shack and how interesting it was. I fluffed it up with details about the different things you learn from hauling fish as well as details of how one might find themselves faced with an incredibly attractive co-worker. It was silly but it made me happy. I truly enjoyed the concept of journalism and thought it was a perfect career choice for someone like me.

There was a sudden knock on my door, pulling me from my writing.

"Hey, grandpa is everything okay?" I asked, taking into account how tired he looked.

"Hey, sweetheart I just wanted to let you know that you should probably get ready. You and Jimin have been working really hard and you deserve to take a load off. Jimin is almost ready I think," he said.

"Oh! I guess we did work pretty hard, but you're not coming with gramps?"

He chuckled, "Junghwa sweetheart, these old bones aren't suited for a date night. Plus, I wouldn't want to impose on your date."

"Woah whatever this is, it's not a date. It's two friends going out to dinner together," I defended.

My grandfather smiled, "Whatever you need to tell yourself, honey. Anyway, I'll let you get ready but you better hurry."

Sheesh, talk about last minute.

I quickly did my hair and makeup and put on a cute romper.

I grabbed my bag and my phone and headed out front. When I got out, I instantly felt the humid summer air hit my body. Despite the fact that it was already night, it was still pretty warm. But bearable enough.

Jimin was standing at the edge of the dock, ethereally leaning against one of the wooden pillars. 

"Jimin!" I called.

I swear when he turned around my heart skipped a beat. How could anyone be that fine and still wear such a compassionate smile?

 How could anyone be that fine and still wear such a compassionate smile?