Chapter 20

It was not easy. All of Sunday I was on calls with my family to update them on how he was doing. After a while we were finally allowed to go into his room, but he was sleeping most of the times so it was just Jimin and I anxiously watching him. I sent Jimin home to shower and rest a bit to which he protested until I finally forced him to. I, on the other hand hadn't left my grandpa's bed side.

I was still in my pajamas and heavily sleep deprived but I refused to take my eyes off of him.

Today was Monday and I had gone a full two days without sleep or showering.

Jimin hugged me gently, "Junghwa, go home for a bit, shower, take a nap, and come back. You've been by his side the entire time. He's being released in a few hours anyway."

"Jimin I've gotta be here. He's my grandpa and that means he's under my care," I refused.

Jimin cupped my face, "I understand that but not taking care of yourself isn't an option. You've barely eaten anything here and have drunk at least forty cups of coffee to stay awake. You've constantly been nagging me to take care of myself but you have to worry about yourself too."

"Junghwa...he's right...go home," my grandpa croaked.

I held his frail hand, "Grandpa I-"

"Please Junghwa. You shouldn't suffer because of me," he pleaded.

My heart broke at the sight of my grandpa. Someone as fun and lively as him shouldn't be in this desolate of a state.

Jimin places his car keys in my hand, giving me a desperate look.

I sighed, "Fine. I'll shower, change, brush my hair and teeth, and come back."

I was willing to compromise by cutting out the 'getting sleep' part.

Jimin pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead before I headed out.

Despite my total sleep deprivation, I managed to safely bring myself back to the house. I parked the car next to mine and headed inside the house.

I took a cold shower to wake myself up and brushed my teeth and hair. I must admit, the bit of self-care did make me feel slightly better.

I changed into a tank top and shorts.

As I was coming out, I noticed a familiar and unwelcome face, angrily stomping towards me

"You!" Sangmi exclaimed, pointing a finger in my face.

Oh perfect, looks like the the garbage collector didn't finish their job.

"Sangmi, now isn't a good time to trade insults. You have the day off," I sighed tiredly.

She yanked my wrist roughly, fury blazing in her eyes.

"No you don't get to give me a day off without an explanation. Where is he?!" She fumed.