Chapter 21

Four Days Later

My grandfather had recovered well and was even able to join Jimin and I outside to watch us fish, albeit he needed help walking around.

Sangmi was still annoying as ever and made it a point to keep Jimin and I away from each other, but I kept my distance from her to avoid pushing her into the lake or smacking her.

Today was Friday, meaning it was time for the party.

I was gonna see my family and friends after a few weeks for a long enough amount of time.

And my grandpa wanted Jungkook to invite his friends because when we were younger they would sometimes come over to our grandparents' place too. We were close with them.

On top of that, Jimin's family was coming and his friends who we had met at the farmer's market that one time.

So I was kind of indirectly meeting his parents, but that was okay because we weren't official or anything.

Who am I kidding, I was nervous as hell.

Sangmi had gone home early because why not which gave Jimin and I some time to talk.

"I'm excited for this party. It's been about seven weeks since we saw our families properly," Jimin said.

"Yeah."

Jimin back hugged me, "Is everything okay?"

I sighed, "Yeah. I'm just nervous. My family can be a bit overbearing and my friends can be a bit extra. So I'm not sure how this barbecue is gonna go."

"Hmm, I think you'll be fine. This party will be good. We can all unwind and take it easy," Jimin hummed.

"Actually, you two are gonna be taking care of this party," a voice piped up.

We turned to see my grandpa hobbling over to us.

"You kids are in charge of barbecuing and getting everyone fed," my grandpa said.

We should've expected it. There was no way he was gonna barbecue so honestly, not sure how we didn't see this coming.

Jimin pouted, "I've never barbecued a day in my life."

I scoffed, "Looks like there are somethings you are clueless about."

The sun was already setting meaning our esteemed guests were gonna start arriving soon.

I pulled myself off of the ground and pulled Jimin up with me.

"Jimin can you go pull out the barbecue and start cleaning it while I dig through the fridge for some food," I said.

"What?! I don't know how to use a barbecue remember? Why don't you go clean the barbecue and I'll get the food," he pouted.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever you say."

He gave me a cheeky smirk, giving me a peck on the cheek as he skipped off.

Jimin POV

Ah I loved teasing her. It had been a while since we got to mess around like this.

I went into the kitchen and started digging through Mister Jeon's fridge. There was an array of different meats and fish sitting on each shelf. The question was how much should I get.

I had to do the math.

There were four members in my family including me, there were five people for Junghwa's family including her, my three friends were coming, her two friends were coming, her little brother had five friends coming, and there was the old timer. That was twenty people.