Chapter 7

I just wanna say if ur a fisherman or know someone who is, I don't meant to offend u. It's just for the story, tho being honest, I'm not a seafood person (except for shellfish)

After Jimin and I's paint day, my grandpa took it upon himself to spend the next day really teaching me the basics of fish and all about them. It was cool I guess, but I wasn't a major fan of sitting in a hot room with absolutely no ventilation, surrounded by fish.

Today I was gonna try fishing with Jimin. Or at least helping him out. See Jimin and I needed to catch a substantial amount of fish every week because on the weekends, we were supposed to drive into the city to sell them at the farmer's market.

I was in a crop top and shorts with sandals because it was too damn hot and if I was gonna be roasting outside while fishing, I was gonna do so without baking in the heat.

I was grabbing my morning coffee when I saw Jimin round the corner with a book in his hands

I was grabbing my morning coffee when I saw Jimin round the corner with a book in his hands. A big book at that.

"Hey mister scholar, what're you reading over summer break?" I asked.

His eyes glanced up from him book and I swear I saw him swallow hard.

"Umm haha, t-this? Oh the book! Haha, it's my uni textbook," he stammered.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You're worrying about uni now? It's summer dude."

"You can never be too prepared," he said.

I shook my head, "No way. If I worked on my uni stuff over the summer I might've actually exploded. What's your major anyway?"

"Music education, you?"

"Journalism is my major but I'm also working on a minor in communications. Which is why, I try to limit my load when I can," I said.

"But you're different. You may not realize it, but your brain is constantly assessing life the way a journalist would. Everything that happens to you is being recorded in your head like a news report. So you are unconsciously still working on it," he said.

I chuckled, "You sure you're not a psychology major?"

"Positive. I've always loved music but as I grew up I realized how much I loved bringing joy to others by teaching it," he explained.

We continued to talk about our universities and the crazy experiences we've had. It was kind of weird how in common our college experiences have been.

"Alright are you kids ready to go fishing?!" A happy voice exclaimed.

My grandpa came down in an entire fishing outfit. It was kind of adorable.

Jimin and I cheered to match his excitement.

My grandpa placed an arm around me, his sweet smile warming my heart. My dad looked exactly like him, so maybe that's why I was so close with him.