Chapter 25

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the bright lights of the hospital. I was feeling strangely warm and comfortable and that's when I realized that right next to me was Jimin who had securely wrapped his arms around me. There was also a fluffy blanket covering the both of us.

I looked around and noticed that my family members were still fast asleep.

I quietly peeled myself from Jimin's arms, covering him fully with the blanket.

I got up and stretched a bit, rubbing the sleep out of my puffy eyes.

"Excuse me, is my grandfather open for visitors yet?" I asked the front desk.

"You're the Jeon family right?"

"Yes."

"You can't go in the room but you can go sit outside his room if you like. It's A thirty-two."

I thanked her and headed to his room. I peeked inside the little peep hole thing and saw him sleeping peacefully albeit he was hooked up to so many different machines. It was even worse than when he came here for his flu.

The sight of my beloved grandfather like that made my heart ache. But I promised myself I wouldn't cry. I needed to remain hopeful and keep my head held high.

I settled into a cushioned chair, pulling out my almost dead phone.

I had several missed calls from Minji and Yoonji and a bunch of texts from them as well.

I updated them on what was going on and told them that Junghyun and Jungkook were fine to ease their worries.

The air in the hospital was unbelievably thick. Even if it wasn't my family member, the air was full of anxiety and worry and anguish. I'd always hated hospitals. Simply because they reminded me too much of the painful fact that sometimes not everyone could be saved.

My stomach grumbled loudly, obviously begging me for some sort of food. It had dawned on me that I hadn't eaten lunch as I was at the hospital since yesterday afternoon and had spent the whole day crying and sleeping.

Luckily, I had put my wallet in my short pocket the day prior so I was set to buy some food.

I headed to the cafeteria searching through their 'gourmet' selection of items.

I settled on some coffee and a parfait.

When I got back to my grandfather's room, I noticed a few nurses running in and out of his room with a slight panic on their faces. From what I gathered, my grandfather's blood pressure was dropping.

An overwhelming sense of anxiety rolled through my body. I kept chanting to myself to stay calm and have hope, but I was barely keeping it together to be honest.

After a tense hour or so things calmed down and my grandpa was 'stable.'

That's when I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Jimin groggily looking at me.

"Hey, what time did you wake up?" I asked.

"About thirty minutes ago, but I tried to go back to sleep. And then I realized you weren't there, so I got up and wandered around a bit," he said.

He sat beside me, resting his head on my shoulder.

"What about you? When did you wake up?" He asked.

"About two hours ago," I replied.

I glanced at Jimin who was curled up against me. His eyes were as puffy and red as mine were. He was suffering as much as I was. It was pretty traumatic to find my grandpa like that. We both have been through a lot.