Chapter 6

The day was awkward to say the least. Jimin and I barely made eye contact. Here I had been shamelessly flirting with him in the hopes of a one time thing, and now we're suddenly working together for two months.

The next day was the first official day of work.

I was up pretty early so I decided to get ready.

Today's outfit was a striped romper that I had bought on my shopping spree. Actually, Jungkook picked it out. I've gotta thank him for that, because it's super cute.

I headed into the living room to find my grandpa drinking some coffee while reading a newspaper

"Hey sweetheart. There's some coffee and breakfast on the counter if you want," my grandpa said.

I grabbed some coffee and some of the food my grandpa cooked. I missed it. He used to cook for my brothers and I all the time and it was literal heaven.

We started catching up and he asked me things like how uni was and how my brothers were. It was a pretty normal conversation, until my grandpa stated to get all gossip needy on me.

"So, tell me, any new lovers lately?" He asked.

Honestly, we talked like this a lot. I was never uncomfortable with him and he often pried about these parts of my life.

I chuckled, "I've had some temporaries here and there and a few one nighters but that's it. I haven't been in a relationship since you know who."

To describe my love life simply, I'll explain the types of long-term boyfriends I've had.

My first boyfriend was my longtime crush. I found out he had a crush on me too. So we started dating. He was my first boyfriend. But our relationship turned toxic pretty quickly. He was controlling, degrading, and an all around tool. He was emotionally abusive too. So after a bit of hanging on, I knew I needed better. So we broke up. My second relationship was with this other guy I had met in high school. He was sweet and seemed to get me. But that relationship turned pretty toxic too, but this time it was my fault. I became too clingy and constantly made sure that everything I did was to his liking. I never gave him space or time to express his individuality. So we broke up too. By the time we had broken up, we were at the end of high school. After him I started doing a lot of my temporary boyfriend and one night stand shenanigans. Until I met my last proper boyfriend. We were a really good match. He wasn't a total jerk like the first one, and I had learned to trust him and back off. The thing was, we were both so busy. He was already working and I was a freshman in college. We barely ever saw each other and when we did we were too tired to do anything. So it kind of fell flat.

My grandpa sighed, "It's a shame. You're a beautiful girl sweetheart. But I'm sure the right guy is just around the corner."

Just then Jimin appeared, quietly shuffling to the kitchen.