Chapter 9

Junghwa POV

I decided to turn on some music because how could I not. Maybe my lively party spirit would attract a crowd.

Turns out I'm a genius because that's exactly what happened. Soon enough a massive crowd gathered around our booth and searched through our selection of fish.

Jimin and I were hard at work trying to help all the customers who wanted our fish.

"Ay Jimin!" A bright voice exclaimed.

Three guys came towards Jimin with bright expressions.

"Oh wow I didn't think you guys would come!" Jimin beamed.

"Of course we would. We love the old timer's fish. Speaking of which, where is he? Gotta make sure he remembers our handshake," one of them said.

I was quietly helping other customers while they chatted, cheekily eavesdropping on their conversation as I did.

"He's not here right now. He wasn't feeling well so I just went ahead," Jimin answered.

"Okay but who's the babe beside you?"

I choked on my spit, trying to drown out their comments by making the music louder.

"First of all, back off dude. Second of all, that's Jeon Junghwa, and she's the granddaughter of Mister Jeon so I wouldn't try anything. Trust me, you don't want to test her," Jimin warned.

I found myself softly smiling. It was sweet that Jimin was sticking his neck out for me, even if it was his own friends.

Jimin gently tugged on my arm, "Hey you want to meet my friends?"

"Umm sure I guess," I shrugged.

"That's Jongin, that's Taemin, and that's Sungwoon," he said.

I greeted them politely, ignoring the amused looks of they were giving me.

"So Junghwa was it, I have to ask, what do you think of our Jiminie?" The one was called Jongin asked.

I coughed, "Haha what?"

"Like when you see him, what crosses your mind?" He asked.

Jimin stepped in, "Ignore him Junghwa. He can be intrusive. They were just stopping by to get some fish and leaving."

He shot them a pointed glare to which they casually responded by looking through our assortment of fish.

"Thanks," I murmured.

"No problem," he smiled.

Eventually his friends bought a hefty amount of fish and left. People came and went by our stand, buying fish as they saw fit.

But let me say, it was excruciatingly hot. I actually thought someone threw me in an oven.

The day was slowly going by, but when I thought it was the end of the day, it was actually high noon.

"Oh my god I'm dying over here. Jimin, I'm going to get some water and maybe some watermelon. You want any?" I asked, grabbing my wallet from my bag.

"Yes please," he panted, turning all the portable fans towards him.

I left the booth, walking amongst the large crowd of market goers. It was quite interesting to see so many different kinds of people enjoying the market. Smells of different kinds of foods filled my nose sending me into aromatic bliss.

The first stop was the vending machine to buy water for Jimin and I. Surprisingly, this vending machine gave two liter bottles of water, but I wasn't complaining so I promptly bought one for Jimin and one for me.