Chapter 2

Btw Jungkook's appearance is Fire era Jungkook Bc I've been thinking about that fit for a while. And it fits with the age that I've made him.

"Aww come on Junghwa it'll be okay. I'm sure we can find another job in no time," Minji comforted.

"Easy for you guys to say. Your parents are business giants. Sorry. That was mean," I sighed.

Yoonji rubbed my back in an attempt to make me feel better.

I was so close to my goal too. I had saved up seventy-five percent of what I needed to buy my dream house. Working extra hours in the summer would've gotten me the final amount I needed. But now it was gone.

Oh god, am I gonna live with my parents and Jungkook forever?

"Junghwa, you're making your overthinking face. Just chill out okay? We'll figure it out. Why don't you head home? You've got your brother's graduation tomorrow, and isn't tonight your family night or something?" Yoonji said.

I mentally cursed.

The Jeon family was a very tight knit one. Despite our parents obvious exhaustion of us, we made a point to always have a family night every two weeks. Junghyun has already moved out and it wouldn't be long before Jungkook and I followed suit, so we wanted to soak up that Jeon family goodness.

I nodded, sadly getting back into my car.

I drove Yoonji and Minji home before stoically making my commute home.

I was livid about the job. All throughout high school, I did the craziest stuff for money. None of the jobs were stable. And then when I started college, I found this job. My first stable paycheck. And now it was gone. It took me all of high school to save up for my car, so who knew how long it would take for a house.

I pulled into my driveway, taking note of Jungkook's car and the lack of appearance of my parents' car.

I squared my shoulders, plastering a smile.

"I've gotta be happy. Kookie just graduated high school and technically me and Junghyun 'graduated' too," I told myself.

I decided I would tell everyone after Jungkook's graduation.

I opened the front door, searching for the sign of anyone. And that's when I heard Jungkook loudly singing while cooking some ramyun.

"Dork," I chuckled.

While he was distracted, I snuck up behind him and then jumped onto his back. His arms instinctively held my legs as he adjusted me on his back to give me a piggy back ride.

"Congratulations my little Jungkookie! How cute! My baby brother is all grown up now!" I cooed.

"You're annoying. Here I was jamming out to my bros EXO, and you came and jumped on me like a monkey," he groaned.

I flicked the back of his head, "Older sister privileges."

He suddenly dropped me on the ground, my butt hitting the hardwood floor.

I winced, "Meanie."

"Youngest brother and high school graduate privileges," he stuck his tongue out at me.

I stood back up, affectionately ruffling his hair.

"Proud of you bro."

"Thanks sis."

I headed up to my room to put away my school stuff. I sighed as I thought about my job.

"Jungkook, where's mom and dad?" I asked.