Chapter 8

After clearly finding out that fishing was not my forte, Jimin and my grandpa ended up fishing while I cleaned the shack and the house.

But today was gonna be a fun day. Because Jimin and I were heading into the city to sell all the fish at the farmer's market.

My grandpa said he wasn't feeling well so he would stay back, but that the two of us should go and have fun.

I was worried about him because my grandpa wasn't the type to sit out on these things. He always would be the first one up whenever we used to drive into the city to go to the farmer's market.

I had made breakfast that morning for the three of us, and brought it to my grandpa who was laying in bed.

"Ah thank you Junghwa. But you didn't have to," my grandpa ruffled my hair.

I clicked my tongue, "Of course I had to. You weren't feeling well but that doesn't mean you shouldn't eat."

My grandpa smiled warmly at me, "You're a caring girl sweetheart. Never forget that. Now thank you for this lovely breakfast but I think you need to go help Jimin load the fish into my truck before his back breaks."

Jimin...

I was still reeling about the 'babygirl' incident. I didn't even know how to feel. One part of me wanted to smack him for saying that but the other part of me wanted to spontaneously combust.

I gave my grandpa a quick kiss on the cheek before heading out to help Jimin.

When I got outside, I saw Jimin hauling the crates of fish into my grandpa's truck. Sweat was rolling down his face and body. It was at least one hundred degrees but Jimin was partially at fault here because this fool was in black jeans.

 It was at least one hundred degrees but Jimin was partially at fault here because this fool was in black jeans

Yet he still looked really handsome and attractive. Only Jimin could pull off a sweaty look like this in the middle of summer. (We all know that BTS be slaying these looks tho)

Without saying anything, I picked up a crate and waddled with it to the back of the truck.

It was pretty heavy but I was strong enough to carry it there on my own.

Jimin gave me an amused look as I passed.

"What're you doing?" He asked playfully.

I rolled my eyes, "You looked like you were struggling so I thought I'd step in and give your little arms a break."

I moved to grab the next crate but Jimin grabbed my arm before I could. His intimidating gaze met mine but slowly his eyes began to drift to my outfit.

 His intimidating gaze met mine but slowly his eyes began to drift to my outfit

I scoffed, "My eyes are up here buddy."

His eyes flickered back up to mine, a devilish glint in them. I was trapped in his look. He watched me like a predator about to devour their prey, so I said the only logical thing I could think of.

"I'll smack you with a fish Park, so back up."

He let go of my arm but there was still a mischievous look in his eyes.

To avoid him seeing how red I was, I quickly stacked the last two fish crates on top of one another and took them both to the truck.

It was a struggle, but I managed to get them both into the back of the truck.

"Alright let's go," I said.

Jimin smirked hopping into the driver's seat of the truck.

I rolled down the window, trying to get a bit of the breeze. It was way too hot. For several reasons. One being the smirking idiot beside me.

Jimin POV

Ah teasing her was so fun.

To be honest, when I saw her at the graduation, I wanted to ask for her number so maybe we could go on a date or something. But this...this was even better.

It was cute to see her get all flustered like that. From what I had gathered about her, she was a very flirty person. It was apart of her charm. Because of this, it was probably easy for her to turn people down if she wasn't interested in them. So seeing her get nervous around me felt like a big win.

But I knew we had only known each other for about a week or so. I didn't want to push anything too far. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in her. But I wanted to take my time with it.

After a three hour drive to get into the city, we arrived at the farmer's market.

It was already bustling with excited shoppers and sellers.

"Okay, you've gotta look for a table with a sign that has the name of your grandfather's fish shack," I said.

She climbed out of the car and confidently strode on top of the trunk.

I got out and helped her get the crates out of the back. It was cute to see her hard at work.

Once we had unloaded all the crates of fish, I looked at her with a tired smile.

"Now we've just gotta get these over there," I heaved.

She gave me a cheeky smile, "Looks like you're having trouble. Shouldn't have worn black jeans genius."

She easily picked up about three of the crates and strode into the fray of the farmer's market.

I groaned, following suit so I could keep an eye on her. I didn't want her to bump into anything or get hurt.

It was a grueling couple yards, but I made it. Only to see that somehow Junghwa had already brought the last crate over.

"You okay bro?" She teased.

I stuck my tongue out at her, joining her behind the booth. We began setting up our different fish stations and stocked up the cash register with the change her grandpa gave me.

Today was gonna be fun.

I looked at Junghwa who was cutely staring out at the market in wonder.

I unconsciously beamed at her cute habits.

Jeon Junghwa, should I be bold with you?