Chapter 23

And it was back to the grind as usual.

I woke up and changed into a cute shirt, shorts, and sandals.

I checked on my grandpa to find him snoring peacefully. But he awoke as I came in.

"Hey grandpa. You feeling okay? Can I get you anything?" I asked.

He tried to get up but immediately fell back into bed.

"Ugh these old bones. I'll be fine sweetheart. I'll join you guys outside at around noonish," he said.

I looked at him unsurely, "If you're sure. I'll come and check up on you at noon then."

I went into the living room to see Jimin in glasses reading a newspaper while drinking a cup of coffee. Have you seen this guy in glasses? Made my heart race unbelievably fast.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat across from him, lazily scrolling through my phone.

After our quiet morning we went straight to work. We were rather confused as Sangmi hadn't come into work, nor had she called Jimin.

"I would ask why she's not here, but I'm not gonna jinx it," I said.

Jimin shook his head, "Me neither."

"Well since she's not here, I think the two of us deserve to have a little fun while we work," I grinned, pulling out my phone and turning on some music.

The two of us bopped our heads as we fished, goofily dancing around each other as our buckets filled up.

While we were messing around, I felt Jimin snake an arm around my waist. He buried his face in my shoulder, his smile peeking out on the corner of his cheeks.

Jimin smiling made me smile. It didn't matter what he was happy about, but whatever it was, it always made me happy.

"What're you so happy about?" I asked.

"You and the other night," he beamed.

"You're so sentimental," I teased.

He continued to smile into my shoulder and began pressing gentle kisses to it and my collarbone. I let my head lull to one side to give him more access to do what he wanted.

My lips parted a bit as he moved to my sweet spot. I had totally forgot about fishing and was immersed in Jimin's soft motions.

While I was enjoy the contact and the pleasure, I slipped out of his arms, shaking my finger at him.

"Sir we have work to do," I said.

He pouted, "But I want to be with you."

"We're literally two feet apart from each other," I huffed.

"Two feet too much," he said.

Suddenly, a car swerved into view and parked itself right outside the house. Sangmi, of course, was the one who got out, and angrily stomped towards us.

Remember when I said I didn't want to jinx it? I guess I jinxed it anyway.

She got up right in my face, shouting profanities in quick succession.

"YOU! WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?! YOU STOLE MY JIMIN FROM ME!" She screamed.

I rolled my eyes. I was done with her temper tantrums.

"Get a grip Sangmi. I didn't steal anyone. He doesn't want someone who acts like a possessive witch," I hissed.

She turned to Jimin desperately.

"Baby, tell me she's lying. Tell her off. Make her regret coming between us," she whined.

She moved in for a kiss but Jimin moved away, putting his hands up exasperatedly.

And for the first time, Jimin got angry.

"Sangmi what the hell are you doing?! We met at a bar for God's sake! Leave me alone! I don't have feelings for you and never will!" He exploded.

I had an idea. I pulled out my phone and began discreetly recording her tantrum. I had a way to get her off of our backs for good.

"JIMIN! How could you say that? You said you would take care of me and treat me like a princess! I know she brainwashed you! Please I'm your true love!" She screeched.

This was crazy. She was a class act lunatic. How anyone could be this delusional I had no idea.

I continued to record, shooting Jimin a wink as I did. She tried to hug him but he pushed her away.

"Sangmi please stop! I've never said those things literally ever! I barely talk around you!" He groaned.

"Jimin what will it take to make you mine? I'll use all of my daddy's money if you want! There's a few billion won I could give you! He wouldn't mind, he's a famous real estate agent!" She bribed.

I could not believe my ears. This girl was a literal psycho.

She whirled on me, realizing I was recording her.

"This is your fault! Why did you have to come to the bar with him?! If you hadn't existed none of this would've happened and I wouldn't have needed to follow you guys here and then apply for a stupid job so that I could be with Jimin!"

Wow she was rather dumb.

"Sangmi, you've noticed I'm recording you yet continue to incriminate yourself," I said.

She ran to me to tried and grab the phone out of my hands but I sidestepped her and jumped in front of Jimin.

"Ugh I hate you! I thought you'd back off once I destroyed your car!"

"Sangmi, here's what's gonna happen. I'm becoming a journalist very soon. And I'll have my own column in the Korea Times. I can easily expose you for your delusional behaviors and how there are some people that get so hung up over a simple interaction. It'll ruin you and it'll ruin your father, so I suggest you leave here and never come back unless you want me to send this video, which has recorded you harassing us and your confession to stalking us and being crazy, as well as your confession to vandalizing my car, to my higher ups. I'm sure my boss would love it."

Panic spread across her face. She tried to grab the phone one more time but when she couldn't get it, she made a run for it and hopped in her car and drove away.

I saved the video on my phone, triumphantly watching as she hurriedly drove away.

But I wasn't done. I was the type to get revenge if I needed to. She had gone too far. And I intended to expose her for it.

I had done some research on her father and from what I saw, he was a decent guy with a sparkling image. I'm sure a video of his crazy daughter might ruin him.

"You've got an evil look on your face," Jimin said.

I smirked, "She'll get what's coming to her, but for now, we need to go check on grandpa. He said he'd come out right about now."

Jimin let out a long exhale before draping an arm on my shoulder and walking with me.

We headed into his room to see he wasn't there.

"Gramps?" I called.

But there was no answer.

I had a really bad feeling. Like really really bad. That insane intuition when you know something awful has happened, that's what I was feeling.

That's when we heard water running.

The two of us ran to the bathroom, only to find that the door was shut but there was water leaking out through under the crack.

We opened the door hastily to find the most terrifying sight of all.

Lying motionless on the floor, surrounding by water was...

My grandpa.