Chapter One

You were covered in sweat and someone else's blood. Looking around, you realized you were in an old, abandoned warehouse. Suddenly, you heard whimpering to your left and whipped your head to the sound. Your eyes landed on a crumpled heap on the floor beside you. Upon further inspection, you realized the mass was a girl, bleeding profusely from her side.

Rushing to her, you tried to find a way to help "hold on help is coming, can you tell me your name?" You asked while your hands tried to find the source of the bleeding. "Alexis," the girl choked out. Just as you found the gash in her side, the sound of heavy boots echoed off of the concrete floor. They were quickly approaching you and your heart jumped to your throat.

You screamed in both fear and agony when the man ripped off of the floor by your hair, dragging you away from Alexis. You thrashed under arms that held you captive, trying valiantly to help the bleeding girl on the floor.

"Y/N" "Y/N wake up!" You heard the familiar voice of your colleague, Spencer Reid, shaking you awake.

You woke to find the whole team staring at you from various seats on the jet. "Uhm sorry" you said before clearing your throat awkwardly. "You were having a nightmare," Reid noted before delving into statistics about nightmares speaking for your subconscious. "Yeah they happen from time to time" you said, trying to shake the team's concerned and probing glances off.

After reviewing the case file you sat across from Reid, head bent in the victim's files trying to ignore his eyes studying your face.

"You know I had nightmares for a while after my abduction, it's completely normal," it was clear he was trying to be helpful, but it just pissed you off. "Don't." Upon his look of confusion you continued, "Reid please don't talk to me like I'm some sort of a victim," you pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration. You hated thinking of yourself like a victim, it took away from your strength.

"Technically speaking you were a victim, the definition of victim is someone hurt, killed, or injured as result of a crime, accident, or other event, Y/N like it or not that applies to you." Reid was still trying to console you. "You know I love that brain of yours," you said, forcing what you hoped was a believable smile, "but please, don't use it for this." Your eyes were pleading and he nodded.