𝐙𝐞𝐫𝐨 || 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞-𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭

✯♛✯

𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞, one of the most well-behaved teenagers in the Outer Banks. Her quiet personality and kind attitude had most people in Figure Eight wondering how this young girl was raised on the Cut, how was a girl like that raised on the 'bad' side of town?

     She was never able to answer those questions truthfully, before she could get a word out, her mother would always cut in and answer for the young girl.

Francine has been living like that for three years, not being able to be herself, having her mother answer all questions about her past so she wouldn't reveal that she used to have friends. She'd attend fancy brunches and dinners, plastering a fake smile on her face. Masking the fact that she was completely miserable.

She used to go outside and have fun all day, every day. She'd spend most of her summer on the beach, with her friends. Now she barely stepped outside the door during the warm months of the year. If you would have known her when she was a pogue you wouldn't even recognize her as a kook. She went from a social butterfly with the best friends anyone could ask for, to a person who had one friend while everyone else hated her.

     Her best memories were made with that specific friend group, spending weeks on end with them and never getting tired of their company. She had fun, but as they say, all good must come to an end.

     Francine tapped her fingers lightly on the lounge chair in her backyard, Carrie Underwood blasting from her earbuds. It was summer and she couldn't be any happier to be out of Kook Academy for a few months. Her days could now be spent with her best and only friend Sarah Cameron, she could finally just kick back and relax.

     Francine loved summer, she barely had to deal with the assholes that go to her school, the sun is out almost every day and she was never really forced to go to any of the gatherings her mother attends. Her by far favorite part would have to be the warmth that came with the season. Sunny days were her favorite, when she could go swimming or just lounge by the poolside and tan.

     "Francine!" Katerina Gold called from the top floor window of their mansion to her daughter. The teen sat up abruptly out of fright, pulling out her earbuds as she looked to the high window. "Someone's at the door!"

     Francine sighed in annoyance, not wanting to be interrupted while she was sunbathing. She pulled off her glasses as she glared at her mother who had her head peeked out of the window, throwing her daughter a scolding look. She stomped to the front door, putting on a sweet smile before opening it. She didn't want to seem rude towards the person who was standing on the other side.

     She opened the door to a dark-skinned boy holding two full grocery bags, she recognized him, not knowing where from. He had his hat covering his eyes so she could only see the bottom of his face. She opened the door wider giving the boy a genuine smile.

He raised his head, his eyes still covered by the hat as he cleared his throat awkwardly, "Uh, is this Christopher White's place?"

Francine nodded looking at the bags of food in his hands, "Yep, did he pay for it already?"

The familiar boy smiled, "Yeah he did." He shifted in his place, struggling to keep the bags up. Francine grabbed them from him so he didn't need to hold them up any longer than needed. "Thanks."

She furrowed her brows as she recognized the voice of this boy but subtly shook her head knowing that he could be anyone. She gave him a grin, "No problem, have a nice day."

After she finished her sentence, the boy gave her a nod and turned around. He quickly ran down the dock in front of her house where a boat was waiting for him. Francine bit her lip as she thought of this boy and why he was so familiar, before she shut the door she took one more look at the familiar figure running down the dock. It seemed that there were two other boys waiting for him in the boat. "Pope hurry up!"