𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 || 𝐃𝐮𝐝𝐞-

✯♛✯

"𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 the hell have you been?" Francine cringed as she heard the shrill voice of her mother right when she stepped inside her house. Right after JJ had gotten arrested, she told Kiara that she had to go and walked home all the way from the Cut. She couldn't believe that JJ got arrested for something he didn't even do, and he's probably going to have to pay a fine that he can't even afford. She felt bad, but Pope's future would be ruined if he did this, JJ's also, but he was willing to risk it for his friend. That was one of the reasons Francine liked JJ, he would do anything for his friends and the ones he loved. She also couldn't help but think about what JJ's dad might do to him after he figures out that he has to pay the fine. When JJ would breathe the wrong way, Luke Maybank would find a reason to beat the living shit out of him. So, what would he do now?

The girl was snapped out of her thoughts as she heard her mother stomping down the stairs with wide eyes and an angry facial expression. The woman was fuming, which made Francine think back to the fact that Deputy Shoupe might have told her where the teen was this morning. It was unlikely, the officer had work, and he might've even forgot that she was there. He probably didn't even think anything of Francine being with the pogues and not even call her mother. She hoped those were true, she didn't know what she'd do if her mother found out she was talking to pogues. She'd flip.

As Katerina approached her, Francine didn't fail to notice the makeup coating her face and the fact that she was wearing a white robe. The girl was ultimatly confused about why her mother was dressed this way, it looked like she was getting ready for something, but where would she be going? Francine was mentally questioning herself about where her motherm ight be going, but then her thoughts were cut off. "I know you hate going, but I'd appreciate it if we aren't late for Midsummers this year, Chris is even making an effort."

Francine mentally face palmed, she wished she could slap herself, she totally forgot that Midsummers was today. Why did it have to be today? The luck she had must've ran out, she couldn't even stand to think about going to Midsummers. She had to coat her face in layers of makeup, put on heels, and put her hair into an uncomfortable do, for the entire night. It was torture for her, she liked her sneakers and messy buns, not to mention, she barely dressed up. Sometimes she would put on a skirt, but that was very rare. Dressing up wasn't really her thing, it might be because she grew up on the Cut, where they didn't have expensive clothes and her family coluldn't afford to buy her fifteen dresses all for different occasions.

Francine has been dreading Midummers since the one last year. Her mother always dragged her around, showing her off like a trophy child who does no wrong. It made her sick that the woman only cared about reputation, she used to be so sweet and didn't care about what anyone else thought. She makes it seem like her life is perfect, as well as her daughter, Francine is sick of it. Sure, she behaved better than most of the kook teens, but she definitely wasn't perfect. No one is, but everyone on Figure Eight seems to think that they're all on competition on who has the most perfectest life.

Francine took a deep breath, finally working up the courage to answer her mother. She needed to think of a valid excuse, wondering why Christopher didn't cover for her, but she guessed that the man could only do so much. The teen looked her mother in the eyes, putting a fake appoligetic look on her face, she'd rather seem sorry for forgetting Midsummers than arguing with her mother about it. She already had enough on her mind, and another fight with her mother wasn't going to help.  "I'm so sorry, mom, I went to the beach and lost track of time."

Katerina sighed, seeming to buy her daughter's answer, she shook her head, pinching the bridge of her nose, "I'm going to let it slide just this once, only because you need to get ready and the party is in two hours."