𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 || 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

✯♛✯

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 Francine had met in their friend group was John B, the boy and her immediately clicked and quickly became great friends. Every time someone would hurt him or make him feel bad in any way, the girl would be on their case immediately, she hated seeing the boy in pain.

     This is why she was currently thanking the gods that he finally got to the hospital after Topper had pushed him from the Hawks Nest. Apparently, his injuries weren't too severe, he only had a fractured arm and a concussion. The doctors said he was lucky he even survived a fall that high, let alone coming out with not many injuries. But that was John B, he's escaped death on many different occasions and he sure as hell wasn't stopping now.

     His friends had followed the ambulance to the hospital all the way, Sarah getting in the van with the other pogues (and Francine) right after the paramedics had loaded John B into the ambulance. The group was in the hospital for about an hour when Kiara's parents showed up to take her home. The whole group had called all their respective guardians and told them what had happened so they could get picked up at the hospital. Francine and JJ had skipped out on doing that, the girl being too scared to even look at her mother while the boy just knew that it wasn't safe to even return home.

Kiara's parents had offered to take the whole group but the only one who took up their offer was Pope. After Sarah had gotten off the phone with her father, she informed Francine that her mother was with Ward and Rose. She also said that the woman was on her way with the blonde's father.

JJ stayed back, saying that he had to take the van, but deep down in his mind, he knew he just wanted to make sure that the dark haired beauty sitting next to him was okay.

The girl was a lot less fixed up than she was earlier at the Midsummer's party, her hair was now frizzy after all the product had been washed out of it by the rain. She had it up in a bun and was currently using Sarah's compact mirror to wipe off all of the running makeup on her face. This is why she hated wearing the stuff, especially if it wasn't waterproof like the product her mother had bought her. Her dress was slightly messy and even though she looked like she had just run miles through the rain, she still looked perfect to JJ. Just the thought of her made his heart skip a beat.

Honestly, instead of denying it or ignoring the feeling that comes with the girl,, he just accepted it. He had accepted it many years before, so this was easy. He knew the feelings from when he was younger didn't go away, especially since he never found anyone else who he liked as much as Francine, he was doomed for this to happen since the moment she tried to befriend the pogues again.

"JJ stop pacing and sit down," The dark haired girl sighed, the blonde has been pacing the waiting room in the hospital for the past few minutes. She was beginning to grow irritated, JJ knew John B was going to survive so the fact that the boy was still muttering to himself nervously was getting annoying. Her mind was filled with thoughts of her mother and all the worry she felt before was suddenly coming back.

She was terrified about what the woman would do, Katerina had a temper and until she cooled down, she would do anything. A few hours wasn't enough to save Francine from whatever her mother had in store for her at the house.

JJ nodded his head at the girl's plea, taking a seat beside her, his elbow grazing hers as he made himself comfortable.

Francine noticed her heartbeat rise and how her face heated up lightly at the slight contact between her and the blonde. She furrowed her brows slightly at the reaction, not spending much time thinking about it.

JJ ran his fingers through his hair, "Yeah, yeah, I just don't know why I'm nervous, he's fine."

Francine felt a strong urge to take his hand in hers, to comfort the boy. She usually wasn't this bold, especially when she still wasn't sure what she felt towards JJ. Even with this doubt in her mind, she still reached her hand a couple of inches and placed her hand over his. Just like when their arms touched for a split second, the girl's mind went wild with thoughts.