𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 || 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

✯♛✯

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 in second grade, she met John B, and on that same day, she met JJ. The blonde got so mad that John B had brought a new friend, feeling like the boy was betraying him, thinking that this new girl was his replacement. When in reality, John B felt like he should thank Francine for helping him out when his bully, Chase, was picking on him. JJ, at first claimed that she was a girl and all girls had cooties. Soon enough, John B got enough and told the blonde that she was their friend now and he could do nothing about it.

     JJ pouted but agreed nonetheless, he said that his only request was for her to never touch him, ever. Sure, that changed over the years, once they were in fifth grade JJ would always hug Francine, never admitting it but having a little crush on his best friend. Little did he know, she was just as interested in him as he was her.

     They never, ever told anyone that they liked each other and by the time Francine was about to move to Figure Eight, she was so sure that she was in love with him. But that feeling faded over the three years they spent away from each other.

     Francine's thoughts were brought to an abrupt stop as her body collided with another. She hadn't even noticed that she had zoned out, her mind just taking over.

The girl was standing beside Pope, watching everyone dance and have fun. Francine was no longer being as cautious as she was before since her mother seemed to disappear inside the building with Rose and Ward Cameron. She had asked why the woman suddenly had to go, Christopher told her it was an emergency. He still seemed oblivious to the fact that his wife is working on some elaborate project with Ward. She had to tell him sometime, the girl made a mental note to do that once she had some free time.

Francine was still being careful, though, making sure she just spoke to her friend discreetly in case her mother decided to just appear out of the blue and catch her.

     The dark-haired girl's eyes widened as she spilled yet another drink, sighing in relief when she noticed it didn't land on her shoes. She quickly looked up at the culprit, seeing Pope talking to a guy, the unknown person having his back to her. The boy was wearing a waiter's uniform, and their hair was blonde, that's all she really noticed. He looked oddly familiar to her.

     "Dude, don't sneak up on me like that right now," The guy spoke to Pope, putting a hand on his chest.

It took Francine a few seconds to register who this person was, she had definitely heard his voice before, their hair and body also looked similar to someone she knew. Once they spoke, she figured out that it was, in fact, JJ. Pope quickly took a step forward, engulfing JJ in a hug, making the boy grunt in surprise. As they hugged for a little while longer, Francine let it sink into her mind that the blonde was actually here, he was out of jail, and he was okay. JJ's eyes widened as he patted his friend on the back, "Whoa. Unexpected PDA there, Dr.Spock." The two boys pulled away from the hug, JJ giving Pope a kiss on the cheek, "But, uh... hey, love you too, man."

     Francine stood on the sidelines, not wanting to interrupt the boys' reunion, just watching them. She felt like putting in an 'awe' but decided against it. Pope looked like he had to say something else. JJ still didn't notice that she was there and Pope was probably too surprised and relieved to see that the blonde was okay to really remember that she was standing right beside them.

     "Dude, I'm sick of all this shit, man." Pope sighed.

     JJ furrowed his brows, "You're sick?" He touched Pope's forehead and cheek with the back of his hand as if he was trying to check if the boy has a fever. "You don't seem sick."