𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 || 𝐎𝐡, 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐟

✯♛✯

"𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 me again, why we have to stand out here like complete dumbasses?" Francine asked Kiara as they stood outside of the park that the movie was being held in. There were people passing them, mostly kooks, giving them strange looks, probably wondering why the two girls were standing up in the middle of the parking lot. Francine's hands were filled with blankets and both hers and Kiara's lawn chairs. She struggled to stand up with everything in her hands while Kiara stood with her arms crossed. She was in charge of holding the cooler but she had that rested on the ground and a bag slung on her shoulder.

Francine was confused about why they had to stay outside of the park and have all the good seating places get taken from them. Kiara told her the reason, but the girl found her excuse really hard to believe.

Kiara claimed that the reason they were standing outside was because she wanted a spot away from where most people will be. The reasoning and logic to her statement made Francine question if the girl was high or not. That was not the same way the girl used to think, but, then again, people do change. So, despite her rising suspicion that her friend was up to something, Francine shrugged off the weird feeling, happy to at least be hanging out with Kiara.

She just blamed her overthinking on the fact that she's been on edge since she began hanging out with the pogues again, afraid that her mother would find out somehow. Coming to the movie in front of a bunch of kooks with Kiara wouldn't help, but she doubted anyone cared that much. Kiara was technically a kook, and Francine's mother told her that she couldn't be seen with pogues. Also, now that Topper may know that Pope sunk his boat, didn't help her stop worrying over everything either.

Kiara shook her head at the other girl's question, opting to just ignore her as she glanced around the parking lot again, "Wait, okay?"

Francine rolled her eyes and huffed, "Can I at least go in?"

"No," Kiara shook her head again, dismissing her friend's opinion. Her eyes scanned over the people entering the park. She specifically kept her attention on the entrance, almost as if she was waiting for someone to come in.

That observation made Francine even more confused about what Kiara was up to, the girl has been acting really suspicious since they arrived. She was always looking around and then she said how they needed to wait outside because 'she wanted to sit away from everyone else'. Kiara's face suddenly lit up out of nowhere, seeming to have seen someone in the crowd that was piling in. A sly smile made its way on her face that made Francine furrow her eyebrows, being almost one hundred percent sure that the girl was up to something.

She looked around, trying to find whoever Kiara seemed to recognise but before she could spot anyone she knew, a hand was placed on her shoulder.

Francine tensed and slowly turned to face the person behind her, hoping that her mother didn't decide to just randomly go to the movies with her friends. She was also scared that it might be Rose or anyone close to her mother. Her nerves quickly deteriorated as she spun around, spotting a head of dark curls. Francine sighed in relief. Ignoring the concerned look Kiara was giving her, she began speaking to the boy. "What are you doing here, Nate?"

     "I had to grab some things from Rafe, and then I was going to the mainland for a few hours." Nathan smiled at the girl but gave Kiara a confused glance. Katerina had told him that Francine was supposed to be going to the movies with Sarah Cameron, not the half kook that everyone tells him to stay away from. "You covered for me right?"

"Yeah, but it would be better if you gave a little heads up beforehand," The dark haired girl spoke, sarcasm lacing her voice. "You're all good, just tell me before you tell anyone else we're gonna hang out."