𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 ||𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐲 𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

✯♛✯

"𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲," 𝐉𝐉 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 shakily as he knocked on Francine's window. He had tears in his eyes and his lips quivered as the salty water streamed down his face, causing a stinging sensation from the fresh cuts he had. The boy's eyes were just peeking over the edge of the windowsill as he made a weak jump to see if the girl was in her room. He saw her, sleeping in her bed, she'd wake up soon though. Ever since he began going over to her place in the middle of the night about two years back, Francine was always easy to wake up.

JJ knocked on her window again, a little bit harder. He hoped that her mother wasn't still awake, he didn't want the woman knowing what happened to him earlier. "Baby, please."

Francine began to stir in her sleep, wondering what was making that noise outside, but she already knew that it was JJ. She slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, her head immediately going in the direction of the window. She narrowed her eyes as she saw the faint sight of blonde hair peeking over the window. The girl pulled the covers off herself, running to the window. If JJ was at her house this late at night, something serious must've happened with his father. The boy would go to John B's if his dad wasn't home or was yelling, but only if the man actually hurt the blonde physically, he would go to Francine's, she was the only one who knew about it.

Her father had left a few months ago, she was still sad, but the hurt was mending quicker than usual. Usually, it would take a long time for someone to get over one of their parents leaving, but now that he was gone, she didn't miss him one bit. She hated him and hoped that she'll never have to see the face of Daryl Castle again. The man was dead to her, and if he were to ever come around her she didn't know what she would do, but it probably wouldn't be good.

Francine made her way to her window, lifting it up and letting JJ climb inside. And just like always, once the boy was inside, he wrapped his arms around her and crumbled to his knees, burying his head into her stomach. She didn't care that he'd get the blood from the cuts he had, on her t-shirt, he needed her now, and she was there.

She'll always be there.

"Shh," Francine whispered soothingly as he began to sob, running her fingers through his hair softly. His father hasn't hurt him since her thirteenth birthday two weeks ago, it's been two weeks since the boy had shown up at her house with tears welling in his eyes. Before, it happened almost every second day, and every time it happened, Francine would break down in tears with JJ. He was her best friend, and she hated to see him hurt.

"I ruined another shirt," JJ mumbled with a short laugh after a few minutes, his head coming off of her as he looked at the piece of clothing. His eyes were puffy and red as he rubbed his nose and sniffled, looking up at his best friend.

Francine pushed the hair out of his eyes gently and gave JJ a warm smile, she pulled him up off of the ground and grabbed his hand, "Don't worry about it, let's get you cleaned up."

 "𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 to the chateau," JJ groaned once again as Francine led him through Figure Eight. His arm was still draped over her shoulder as his head rolled weakly to the side, showing that he was soon going to be unconscious. The girl pulled his arm tighter around her as she dragged him through the woods behind her house. She didn't know how she was going to get a half-conscious teenage boy up to her room without being seen. She just hoped that her mom wasn't home.

Ever since they left the park, JJ has been nagging at Francine to bring him back to John B's. She knew that the boy wouldn't survive a walk from Figure Eight to the Cut so she opted on bringing him to her house, it was closer. She told him repeatedly that he should suck it up but the boy wouldn't give up. The blonde was basically being dragged by her most of the way, his voice wasn't showing the same solid tone it normally had. Instead, it was weak and almost a whisper, not to mention, his words were a little slurred.