Chapter 2- Med hut

*1 hour later* (In spongebob's voice of course.)

My eyes flutter open and I groan as I sit up, what happened to me? The blond kid from earlier walks over to me, extends his hand and says "Hi, I'm Newt. You had a gash on your stomach that was bleeding pretty badly but we fixed you up, your fine now." "Thanks" I say as I shake his hand.
"I'm y/n, nice to meet you."
"That's a beautiful name."
I slightly lower my head as I blush at his remark.

The other boy from earlier walks into the medical tent with me, the one with brown hair. "Newt how's she doing?" He notices I'm up and introduces himself as Thomas. Then he sits next to my bed and says
"Do you know where Minho is being kept?" "Who?"
"Asian kid, black hair, your height."
"Oh, I know him. He was with me in all the experiments at WICKED. He was in the train car behind me."
He looked at me with tears in his eyes and left the room. Newt said "He was in the maze with us, he's our best friend." Suddenly I understood. They got the wrong train car.

*A couple hours later*

The sky started to blacken and the sun went down. Newt had left shortly after Thomas but he said he would be back later with some food. I offered to get it myself but he told me I needed the rest. I don't know how long I've been in here but I am bored out of my mind. A couple minutes later Newt walks in with two trays of food. He sits on the foot of my bed and hands me one of the trays. We eat in silence for a couple minutes then he speaks up.
"How did you get that cut of your stomach?
"I honestly don't remember. I don't remember a lot of things that happened at WICKED, and I don't want to."
"How long were you there and how did you get taken?"
"I was taken from right arm and I was at WICKED for around 6 months. I was taken when Minho was taken."
"I'm so sorry you got taken. I feel part of the blame because we were the ones who brought Teresa."
"It's not your fault she is a shucking traitor."
"Your bloody right haha. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do to you and Minho?" "We were the main subjects of the trials so they spent the most time with us. Most of the time they would play different scenarios in our heads and collect enzymes from our blood as this happened. One common scenario was that they put me back in the maze. I would see a group of kids by the walls and when I started to walk towards them a griever would come out of nowhere and chase me through the glade. When the griever stung me I would always wake up right after."
"That sounds horrible, I'm so glad we were able to save you."
He wraps me in a tight embrace and I think about how lucky I am that I met him.

*The next day*

Newt stayed in the med hut with me overnight even though I said I was fine. I found that kinda funny. We just met, yet he's being very protective over me. I wonder if he's like this with other people he just met. I look down at him sleeping on the floor and I immediately feel bad for him remembering last night's events.

See you in the next chapter slintheads 😂 -L