Chapter 3- Last Night

*Flashback to last night*

I awake with a start to hear Newt muttering in his sleep. What the shuck? I looked at him laying on the ground and he looked like he was in pain. He was thrashing around on the floor while sweating quite a bit. I jumped out of bed to try and wake him but he stayed asleep. I have no idea how he didn't wake up but he really needed to snap out of it. I grabbed the glass of water on my nightstand and splashed him in the face with it.

"What the klunk?"

"Sorry, you seemed like you were having a really bad nightmare and you wouldn't wake up so I just-" He cut me off with a laugh.

"Thanks, I appreciate it. Getting splashed in the face is better than nightmares." He laughed

"Are you okay."

"I am now, thanks y/n."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"We can in the morning, I just need to get back to sleep."

"Sweet dreams Newt, goodnight."

"Night y/n" He laughs as he turns over and goes back to sleep.

*Back to the morning*

Once Newt wakes up he checks my stomach and tells me that I am healing nicely. At the moment I am having an internal battle debating whether I should ask him about his dream or not when he says

"Something on your mind?"

"I was just wondering what you were dreaming about."

"Right. I forgot about last night. Thank you for waking me y/n, it means alot."

"Of course, anything for you Newt"

His cheeks turned crimson as he looked down. Did he just blush?

"Well I think it's time you find out about my eventful night." He laughed.

Newt goes on to tell me how he got his limp and how in his dream after he jumped off of the maze wall a griever came up to him instead of Alby and he tried to run away but he couldn't because of his broken ankle. The griever stung him and right after that was when I woke him up. I go over to him and hug him.

"I'm glad you're here Newt."

*That night*

Newt says that tonight should be my last night in the med hut and nobody else was in here so he decided to stay and keep me company. He brought in tonight's dinner and sat on the floor. I didn't want him to sit or sleep on the floor again so I offered to share the bed.

"Newt you can sit on the bed if you want."

"Oh thanks, that floor is bloody uncomfortable." He says as he laughs and climbs on the bed.

"If you want we can share the bed tonight too."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I don't mind."

Once we finish dinner he takes our trays back to the kitchen and when he comes back we get ready for bed. We sit on the bed and start talking.

"What did you do today?"

"Nothing much really, I helped a little on the ship and helped you as well but today was a pretty easy day. I wish I could have just stayed here with you instead of doing nothing all day."

I blush as I look down and he blushes too. We talk for a couple hours and when we can barely keep our eyes open we go to sleep. He scoots all the way over to the edge of the bed and I laugh

"Newt, you can come closer you know, I don't bite."

"Well if you turn into a crank you will."

He says as he scoots closer. We look at eachother and laugh as we drift off to sleep.