Chapter 17- Mr. rat man

Thomas's POV

This is the hardest thing I've ever been through. Seeing one of your best friends being consumed by a deadly virus with no cure and seeing them slowly go insane. I hope I can keep him alive long enough to say goodbye to y/n, he really cares about her. He has never acted like this around anyone before and I feel like he loves her. He almost risked his life to go back for her but we could not let him do that. We had to leave and come back later with a solid plan. We all would have been taken if we tried to save her. I really hope she's okay. For one because she is a great friend and secondly because it would tear Newt apart, he would be even more broken than he already is.

Y/N's POV

I slowly open my eyes to blinding bright lights. Ugh what happened? I feel like I am always asking myself that. Then I remember that Janson sedated me. I try to get up but I can't. What the? I look down to see both my hands and legs strapped to the table. I look around the room to see that I am in a lab with all of the blinds drawn and Janson looking at me. AH I forgot how ugly his rat face was. He scared me with his ugliness. He slowly walks up to me with a smirk on his face saying

"Teresa and I are going to spend lots of time figuring you out love."

Once again I get chills when he calls me names, and definitely not in a good way. He takes notice of the goosebumps all over my arms and chuckles. Oh God somebody please tell me this is just a nightmare. He is getting wayyy too close for comfort. Please let somebody walk in, please I'm begging you somebody walk in. I squirm around in my restraints and he laughs at me. A menacing, mad sounding laugh. He leans over and kisses me. OH. MY. GOD. This seriously cannot be happening. I feel like vomiting, and if I do throw up, I'll make sure I aim for his face. He starts to lean in again when the door opens. Holy klunk I have been saved.

Teresa's POV

I am working in the lab trying to test y/n's blood when the building rumbles. I turn to see a giant cloud of fire erupting from the walls that surround the city. Great. I really have to hurry up. I work for a couple more minutes when I figure it out. Brenda was healed because Thomas and y/n's blood not only slowed the virus, it killed it! Ava Paige walks by and I tell her the big news. But honestly, how did we not think to test their blood earlier? Like, we would not have had to do the maze trials, or the scorch. We could have saved so many people if we didn't look past this simple detail! Chuck... he would still be alive. I snapped out of it as I look at Ava. She was completely shocked. I remember that Newt has the flare. We could save him! I got on the city's loudspeaker and told Thomas and y/n to come back and give me their blood so I can make a cure for Newt. I really hope they trust me about this because my friend's life is in their hands. I go to the lab next door because that is the lab where we make the actual cure and I come across a very shocking scene.

A/N ooooo cliffhanger! Well kinda, you could probably figure it out but I guess you'll find out when you scroll a bit. See you in the next chapter slintheads -L