Chapter 12- Breaking In

Y/N's POV   

After I change into the guard gear that Newt gave me I overhear Teresa telling Thomas that Brenda should have turned by now because her treatment could not have lasted this long. Thomas thinks she is lying because he doesn't trust her (who would, am I right?) and he walks away. My mind is occupied with my thoughts as I think about Brenda. Could she be cured? Did Thomas cure her? The reason WICKED did so many experiments on me was because Thomas and I have the same enzymes in our blood. Does this mean I could cure Newt? I was so busy thinking about Newt that I almost didn't see Teresa reach over to pick up the piece of fabric that held Thomas's tracker. I grab it out of her hand as Newt grabs her other arm and leads her away. I see her grab the cloth that holds Thomas and I's blood and I don't stop her. Maybe she can make a cure like what Brenda had. I was not going to stop her if it means I can help Newt. Hopefully I made the right call.

As we approach the building that is looming over our heads I am crippled with fear. I feel a bead of sweat trickle down my neck as we walked inside. The place is crawling with WICKED personnel. I want to turn around and bolt out of the building as fast as I can. I can't imagine being taken by them again but right before we walked in Newt told me we would be okay and I am doing everything I can to believe in him. We passed through the tracker detectors that were by the doors and we started to head to the stairs.I'm so glad we knew to take the trackers out or this would have gone very badly. We walked up to where Minho and the other kids were being held and we encountered some guards on the way. It was easy to take them down because we were completely unexpected. One by one we opened the heavy steel doors and let all of the kids all out. I felt so happy for them. I remember the feeling of being freed. It was the happiest day of my life. Well at least one that I can remember... thanks for wiping my memory WICKED it totally made my life better (note the sarcasm.)

I quickly realized I didn't see Minho and neither did anybody else. I see Newt, Thomas, and Gally filled with dread. I run around to all of the rooms we looked in and I thoroughly double check them. Still no sign of the asian sass queen. Thomas walks up to Teresa and yells at her to tell us where Minho is. She said she didn't know. I think to myself about how she is most likely lying. She walks over to the computer in the middle of the room and looks him up. She finds that he was moved up to the medical wing on the other side of the building. Klunk, the other side of the building? Great... Many thoughts ran through my head as I wondered why he was moved there. Did they finally break him? I really hoped he was okay, he seemed so kind. Newt wrapped me in a hug and I rubbed his back telling him that we would find him no matter what.

"What if he's gone?" Newt whispered "He wouldn't have even died with his friends.

"Hey, don't think about that right now. Just focus on getting to him as soon as you can then we can figure out what happened to him."

Gally goes off to the room that holds the serum.

"It's going to take a while to open."

He says as he starts to saw the thick door open. We let him work on opening the door and watch the kids while Thomas, Newt, Teresa, and I go to find Minho. I hope he's okay. It would ruin everybody if he was- I don't even want to think about it.

A/N Thank you guys so much for reading! I hope you are enjoying the story and I'm sorry for this cliffhanger, well... am I? Anyways, see you in the next chapter slintheads -L