Chapter 6- The tunnel

Y/N's POV   

After a while we arrived at the infection checkpoint and I immediately wanted to go back because it was really creepy but nobody else had to know that. There was a long tunnel leading into darkness, totally not creepy at all. After we all got out of the car Newt said.

"You want us to go in there?! I don't want to come across as too negative but if I was a crank that is exactly where I'd be."

"Great, just what we bloody need, a long dark tunnel infested with cranks."

We all look at each other worriedly as we hop in the car. Newt calls shotgun of course, he always rides shotgun even though I would much rather him be by me right now. We start driving very slowly down the tunnel when we see the first crank standing in the road. Frypan stops the car and watches him when I hear banging on my window. I whip my head around to see a woman who looks mad out of her mind. She tells us in a raspy voice to let her in the car.

"No bloody way that crank is getting in here."

Newt says. As we all nod in agreement a crowd of cranks come out of nowhere and jump on our car while clawing at the windows.

"I love how I get stuck in a long dark tunnel with zombies during a zombie apocalypse and they are my worst fear. This is so amazing."

"Frypan go!" Newt basically screams.

Frypan steps on the gas while we are all yelling at him to hurry up. One crank stays on the top of the car and it won't fall off. Frypan rams it into a metal structure. We exhale in relief and Frypan turns around to make sure we are okay.

"Frypan keep your eyes on the roa-"

I say as the car runs off a ramp and flips over. This is exactly what we need right now. I hold back my fear and look around to make sure everyone is okay. We really have to get out of here the blood is rushing to my head.

"Who let him drive?" I groan

"Bloody slinthead." Newt says.

I knock out my window with my foot and help the others get out of the car. We quickly make sure everybody is okay then notice our surroundings. There are cranks running from being us and a couple stranglers ahead of us. Frypan jumps back in the car

"What are you doing? If you stay in there you'll get killed!"

He climbs out a couple seconds later with a shotgun and smirks at me. He starts shooting at the crowd but quickly runs out of ammo. I yell at them to follow me. I start running in the opposite direction. There are only a few cranks this way, we can push through them pretty easily. I turn to see nobody following me.

"This way you bloody fools! There are less cranks this way!"

They don't seem to hear me. I sigh as I run back to them. I've lost hope. We were out of ammo and were surrounded. I started to cry. I mean what else am I going to do when we are about to die! Newt grabs me and turns my body so I am facing him.

"Before we get eaten by bloody cranks..."

My heart pounds so hard I can barely hear what he is saying

"... I really, really like you. I know we basically just met but I'm-"

I cut him off with a kiss.

"Come here you bloody shank."

I say as I wrap him in a tight embrace, probably for the last time ever.

A/N Sorry to end on a sad note :( haha see you in the next chapter slintheads -L