Chapter 23- Survivor

Y/N's POV   

I slowly open my eyes. Wait stop right there, I'm alive? Ha ratman didn't kill me. I realize I am in a wooden cabin that looks just like the one in the glade, is this some kind of sick joke? I look around to see Newt asleep on the ground curled up next to my bed. I chuckle a little bit, oww that hurt. Note to self, don't move anything near your stomach. Got it. I wake up Newt by chucking an empty water bottle at his head. He jumps up and looks at me. First he looked shocked then he pinched himself.

"I guess this isn't a dream." He chuckles. "I'm so glad you're okay y/n, I don't know what I would do without you."

"Awee Newtie"

I laugh then I wince in pain, I thought I told myself not to do that! I then remember why I woke him up in the first place.

"Where are we?"

"The safe haven. Y/n... we made it!"

He walks up to me and hugs me. Usually I would enjoy it but his arm lightly hit me in the stomach which made me realize I could play a little prank on him.

"Owww Newt that hurt!"

I say as I double over to make it seem like I'm in pain. I start fake crying and Newt looks like he's about to lose his buggin 'mind. He rushes over to me and says

"Oh my God, y/n I'm so so sorry I didn't mean to-" his voice cut off as he started crying.

I look at him and burst out laughing while he looks at me with hurt in his eyes, which of course made me laugh harder. My stomach started hurting because of me cracking up and he said

"That's' what you get! I thought I hurt you y/n, you have no idea how scared I got."

I look at him and try to keep a straight face but I end up laughing once again. I ask him why he seemed so shocked that I was awake. He responds by saying that I was in a coma for almost a week. I was really surprised, it didn't feel like it I was out that long but then again, I wouldn't know. Anyways, he comforted me by saying that the safe haven is on an island and nobody can ever hurt us nor get to us.

"Is Janson really dead?"

"Yes y/n, he died with Teresa."

"Oh Teresa died? Poor Thomas, I never really liked her though."

"Yeah me neither, she caused so many problems. Though, if she never told WICKED where right arm was and Minho never got taken, I would have never met you."

"I wonder what would have happened to me if you guys never came back."

"Good thing we don't have to think about that kind of stuff anymore. I'm glad you're here now."

He sits on the edge of my bed and looks into my eyes. He slowly leans in and kisses me.

"Took you long enough bloody shank!" I say as he laughs at me. "Hey Newt, want to know a secret?"

He looks at me nervously.

"You know... ratman kissed those lips earlier."

"EWW That's so nasty!"

He grabs a cloth and wipes his face. Then he realized.

"Wait... why did Ratman kiss you?"

I tell him what happened and he looks at me with sad eyes.

"Love, I'm so sorry that happened to you"

He says as he hugs me. I get goosebumps when he calls me that, and in a good way this time.

A/N The second to last chapter :( At least you and Newt will have a happy ending See ya in the next chapter slintheads -L.