Chapter 16- Minho's Realization

Frypan's POV       

The kids that my friends saved when they were looking for Minho were in a city bus with Brenda driving. I was waiting for her signal so I could pick up the bus with my crain. I see her being chased by cops whipping the bus through the streets. It was very impressive. After she is completely surrounded by cops she signals me with a flare gun and I lower the hook which she attaches to the front of the bus. She quickly gets back in while I start raising it. A group of cops try to run at her but the bus knocks them over like dominoes. Hahaha those little shanks, how stupid can you be? Just accept it, you've lost pals. I pull the bus even higher and run it into the side of a building. Not on purpose of course, but I can't help but laugh.

"My bad"

I say holding in a chuckle even though nobody can hear me. Anyways, I carry the bus over the wall and that's when I hear it. The bus's bumper is starting to break. What kind of slinthead designed this thing anyways? Shouldn't a bus be stable? Ugh I have to think fast, what do I do? The bus starts to fall and I let the chain go with it until a couple feel above the ground when I try to slow fall by locking the chain in place. I see that the bus landed fairly softly and I take a deep breath. Thank goodness the kids are okay, oh, and don't forget Brenda too.

Newt's POV

As we climb out of the water a group of around 5 guards come up to us. Shuck it, I try to reach for my gun but a guard tells me not to. When they are about to close in, one of them turns and shoots the others. What is going on? He takes off his mask. Oh, it's just Gally. We start running away from the building and hide from the police that are crawling around the city. Once we get the chance to sit down I start to feel a little faint. I try to stand but I stumble forward and Thomas catches me. I don't even look at the other's facial expressions. I'm not sure if Gally and Minho know I have the flare, and all I can think about right now is getting back to y/n. I honestly don't even care if I die at this point I just want to save her. She deserves the world but not the one that is burning down around us. I need to get her to the safe haven.

Minho's POV

I watch as one of my best friends struggles to stand up. Is he okay? Maybe worried about y/n. Yeah I know he likes her, it's pretty shucking obvious. The way he looks at her explains everything. I ask Gally if he knows what is wrong with Newt but then I see it. Newt's arm is blackened with dark veins. Nononononono this can't be happening. I don't even see a bite mark! I just got him back and now I'm going to lose him... forever. My best friend... I've known him for over two years now! Maybe we can get him the serum and hope for the best. I try to take my mind off Newt... for now so I think about Gally. How did he even survive? Anyways, I ask him why he is helping us, especially because we stabbed him with a spear. He responds with

"Yeah... nobody's perfect man."

Then he walked off. I guess it's time to get going.

A/N This one is kinda a filler chapter but I hope you enjoyed it! That picture at the top made me want to laugh and cry at the same time 😂 See you in the next chapter slintheads -L